Chargeback help

Johndavidhensle
Contributor
Contributor
Customer filed bogus chargeback after 3 previous claims ruled in my favor. Paypal not helping me resolve in timely manner Options?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johndavidhensle

Seller protection would help you but you need to actually read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

If you lost a chargeback and were covered by seller protection then paypal would 'reimburse' you the lost monies.

However seller protection does not cover virtual or digital content, you can sell it but at your own risk unfortunately and sometimes you lose out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johndavidhensle

A chargeback is not a paypal dispute, it is done directly via the buyers credit card company.

The card company make any decisions but paypal will pass on any information you provide for them on your behalf.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Johndavidhensle
Contributor
Contributor
Sooooo. As a paypal customer, I am not represented or helped by paypal? Seller protection ? 3 previous claims were found in my favor before chargeback on same item and disputed
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johndavidhensle

Seller protection would help you but you need to actually read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

If you lost a chargeback and were covered by seller protection then paypal would 'reimburse' you the lost monies.

However seller protection does not cover virtual or digital content, you can sell it but at your own risk unfortunately and sometimes you lose out.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.