Chargeback From Buyer, 'Unauthorised Transaction'

MadFish
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a console through a bid auction a month ago. Yesterday I received a message from PayPal that the buyer has issued an unauthorised transaction chargeback through their financial institution. My PayPal account balance now sits in the negative requesting me to deposit funds to clear the balance...

I had my suspicions around this sale and at the time of posting the item decided to upgrade the postage (at my cost) to require a signature on delivery.

The item was posted to the address listed on ebay/paypal, tracked and signed for via UPS.

The package was delivered to the address stated and signed for by the named buyer. This is clearly legally financial fraud and I will pursue that when this is resolved.

My wife and I are due our first baby within the next month and I don't really need this kind of hassle right now to be honest. The money that I could lose due to this fraudulent nonsense has already been spent on baby things... If PayPal decide against me on this case for some unknown reason and remove the funds from my bank account where does that leave me???

Any advice kind folk?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.