Charge for Paypal transaction in my bank account - not showing in my paypal account

Jo_B
New Community Member

I have a transaction in my attached bank account for 26th Dec and nothing showing in my Paypal account - nothing in the search for the merchant. I did not buy anything from Paypal that day.

My bank says I need to contact Paypal as someone may be using my card on their account. I cannot see how to report this because I cannot choose the transaction to report in the resolution centre...- or is it really down to the bank after all? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jo_B 

The transaction is not showing up on your PayPal likely because your card info was compromised in someway and someone made a purchase as PayPal Guest using a different email address to get the PayPal payment receipt with the receipt ID number on it, at a merchant that accepts PayPal.

You can call customer service and see if they can cross reference the information in their records and tag it as unauthorized or you may be told to report it to your bank as unauthorized since the transaction is found there and not in your PayPal account:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jo_B 

The transaction is not showing up on your PayPal likely because your card info was compromised in someway and someone made a purchase as PayPal Guest using a different email address to get the PayPal payment receipt with the receipt ID number on it, at a merchant that accepts PayPal.

You can call customer service and see if they can cross reference the information in their records and tag it as unauthorized or you may be told to report it to your bank as unauthorized since the transaction is found there and not in your PayPal account:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jo_B
New Community Member

thanks for your help, I can't see any way to call them and... as there is no transaction in PayPal itself...I have gone back to the bank and asked them to mark it as fraud and cancel my card - which I asked them to do originally knowing that it would be very tricky to report to Paypal with no transaction to refer to. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.