Charge canceled but was paid anyway.

CBellaD
Contributor
Contributor

I had purchased merchandise for delivery. Delivery was set for another payment method. Upon delivery, the merchandise was charged to my PayPal debit card. Delivery man had it canceled within 10 minutes, so it should have never been processed. Was showing on account as pending. The following day it was paid, even though it had been canceled almost immediately. Now I have an overdraft fee from my bank. The payment was refunded however it didn't cover the overdraft. It should have never been paid to begin with so now I am stuck with an overdraft fee. How do I find out who is at fault for this canceled payment being paid? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CBellaD 

Once a bank account payment process has been initiated, it can't be stopped, it has to go through to its foregone conclusion, even if the seller refunded because PayPal paid ahead for you as instant transfer via bank backed by card. So the fault is really on how or who first got the bank payment initiated.

Please contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.