Changing PayPal case decision

Zghiru1984
New Community Member

Hi, I have a case. I bought an item from a website sponsored on Facebook. It was showing a particular item and they send me a cheap item over from China. I asked the seller no response. Asked PayPal and first decision was to give me partial refund. I wasn’t happy as I wanted the full refund, I paid for what I was showed. PayPal decision was to send back the item to get a full refund and get back refund. My question why I need to pay for the postage if it was not clearly my mistake?? If I send the item it will cost me 1/3 of the item which will end up the same as the first decision.... How can I rebate the decision taken by PayPal? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zghiru1984

PayPal purchase protection policy requires buyers to return item for refund of original amount paid and is responsible for return shipping costs. The seller loses out on shipping costs to deliver your item and you lose out return shipping costs. PayPal is third party, neutral, not there when the transaction took place and think this is fair for either party and not going into the moralities of it with you. So you can either return item or not. I am not sure if PayPal Returns Shipping program is available for your country so click "Offers" at the top menu and scroll around that page for something about "return shipping on us". I don't recommend buying stuff on facebook off of some ad because a lot of it is sketchy at best. You really have to research the business first.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zghiru1984

PayPal purchase protection policy requires buyers to return item for refund of original amount paid and is responsible for return shipping costs. The seller loses out on shipping costs to deliver your item and you lose out return shipping costs. PayPal is third party, neutral, not there when the transaction took place and think this is fair for either party and not going into the moralities of it with you. So you can either return item or not. I am not sure if PayPal Returns Shipping program is available for your country so click "Offers" at the top menu and scroll around that page for something about "return shipping on us". I don't recommend buying stuff on facebook off of some ad because a lot of it is sketchy at best. You really have to research the business first.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.