Challenging a PayPal claims denial

KFD4
Contributor
Contributor

Received  3 pairs of shoes for my wife that I purchase through a Facebook vender/seller.All The were the same except different colors.After 3 months the shoes arrive and when my wife tried them on,the ankle strap was 3 inches to short.Even without her putting her feet in the shoes the straps were not long enough to reach the heel section of the shoes.All three pair were exactly the same way.Secondly the size of the shoes were way to small then the size stated on the shoes.I had reached out to the seller and sent PHOTOGRAPHS to show the problem.Then after about a week they told me they would give me a 10 percent off.I told them the shoes were totally useless and a few days later said they would give a 15 percent discount and that’s it.They also said they will not let me return them.I set up a dispute withPaypal and after 3 1/2 weeks they sided with the seller.They never asked me for the photos or anything else.Today spent over 4 hours trying to get customer service by phone and through the dispute section to no avail.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your story is similar to many here. Buyers get taken for a ride (received stuff substantially not as described, or worthless item), PP just let it happen. Your only recourse is start a chat to convince a customer service agent to reopen the case. The agents are human and some might sympathize.

Login to Me Too

KFD4
Contributor
Contributor

Made 4 more attempts to speak to a representative.Set the supposedly customer service phone number on my phone at 8:59 am eastern time(they are supposed to open 6am Pacific time).As my phone went to 9am I called.Same BS.Tried every thing I could think of to get a rep.It just kept saying we don’t have anybody to help you”Goodbye”.Trying to use any online method also is a complete joke.Keeps telling me the claim was denied and no way to challenge.Threw the shoes out this morning and gave up. 

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There are some last resorts. If you funded the PayPal transaction with a credit card, try filing a claim with credit card company.

File complaint on ic3.gov which may or may not help get your money back, but might help get scammers out of business.

Suggest news idea to TV station or newspaper such as

https://ktla.com/about-ktla/contact-us/submit-news-tips-and-story-ideas/

The more people makes this loophole known to the public the sooner PP will act. Also, let's boycott PP, don't use PP even for trusted merchants. The bottom line is what will make PP executives get off their butt and do something.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.