Chakros.com scam?

Santoshhawkins
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased an item on the Chakros.com website but when I got the PayPal receipt it had Chinese characters and a weird seller name not related to the website. I still haven’t received a receipt from the seller and feel this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

Alest90
same thing with me! And ifk how to get a hold of paypal
Login to Me Too

oerlikonl
Contributor
Contributor

Similar story, I filed a claim and with out any further contact at all PayPal closed the case  I can find no way to appeal. No humans to speak to The automated system simply told me the case had been decided in the sellers favor and hung up on me.

I was never that thrilled with PayPal, but now I've really soured on them. Obviously their protection is total BS outside of EBay. They will be my last choice if there ever any alternatives. That includes EBay purchases. Thankfully I only lost $45

Login to Me Too

pauliesusan
Contributor
Contributor

did you use a credit card to pay thru Paypal? if so, contact the cred card, they should be able to credit the transaction. thats what i did.

Login to Me Too

gabesdaddee
Contributor
Contributor

I am done playing Paypal's games.  I contacted my bank and told them about it and am in the process of it.  Let them work it out with my bank.  If by some miracle Paypal fixes it without the bank having to reverse the charge, I will stay with them.  But as of now, I believe I am cancelling all my paypal charges.  Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

Wehttamayam
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me but I'm go babe put 104.00im **bleep** paypal is dropping the ball hard
Login to Me Too

Wehttamayam
Contributor
Contributor
Same here scammed by chakros.com
Login to Me Too

Pilot4eng
Contributor
Contributor
It appears that Chakros.com is the new name for the Shoplauer store scam! Search "Shoplauer" to learn the horrific stories people have gone through being scammed by this place! Please PayPal, shut this place down immediately to prevent more people from going through this!
Login to Me Too

taraszopinski
Contributor
Contributor
I too purchased something and never received a receipt, email confirmation or anything. It changed to Chinese characters too.
Login to Me Too

sherylt13
Contributor
Contributor

This site is apparently a scam.  For the others who had the same issue, were you able to receive a refund via Paypal?  I just input a claim for a refund and hoping to receive my money back as soon as possible, and will continue to spread the word on the Chakros.com website, who hide they are outside of the US, and are unable to contact despite having a contact us page.

Login to Me Too

krzskrog
Contributor
Contributor

I stated my claim with PayPay May 29th at 3:35PM. I will keep you posted on/ if any steps PayPal takes. Or if, some how Charkos refunds the money. I feel like an elderly person falling for a phone scam. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.