Cebu Pacific Transaction not In PayPal Account

Chel_pot
Contributor
Contributor

I made a booking with Cebu Pacific using PayPal. The amount was credited to my linked credit card but the transaction does not show in PayPal. Also, Cebu Pacific has confirmed that the booking was declined. What to do? Who do I contact---Credit card company says I should contact merchant, Cebu Pacific says I should get in touch with PayPal and have a payment receipt. Help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chel_pot 

Is the transaction showing as a temporary charge in your credit card's recent account activity? Temporary charge or authorizations expires releasing funds in 30 days if the merchant doesn't capture the payment before that time.

You can also call PayPal with the receipt ID number found on the PayPal receipt to dispute it. Seems like you used PayPal Guest Checkout so the transaction does not show up in your PayPal account activity.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Chel_pot
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for taking time to respond. The transaction is pending on my credit card. By Merchant capturing the transaction, do you mean Cebu Pacific or PayPal? Cebu Pacific advised that the booking was declined. I didn't receive any PayPal receipt. But the transaction on the credit card looks like this: Cebu Pa[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Really worried.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.