Cdkeys.com dispute - product code already redeemed

sort_it_out

I bought a PSN 12 month subscription code from Cdkeys.com, but when I tried to use the code it said it had already been redeemed. I contacted Sony and they confirmed that the code had been redeemed by someone else. I hadn't given the code to anyone else and nobody else has access to my email account, so it must be a problem with cdkeys' website/systems that allows a code I have purchased to be used by someone else without my permission.

I tried to resolve it with Cdkeys but they refused to issue a new code or refund me. They were also very slow or unresponsive to emails. I ended up purchasing the subscription from Amazon instead.

I raised a dispute with PayPal, but they closed the dispute in Cdkeys' favour with no option to challenge the decision or escalate my complaint.

Are there any PayPal staff here that can help, or any other members that have been in a similar situation and can advise?

Cheers 🙂

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi sort_it_out,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Generally, the decision made at the conclusion of a buyer claim is final and can only be appealed if new information is presented which was not considered during the original investigation. If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you may be able to do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Resolution Centre’ near the top of the page.
3. Select 'Closed cases' in the drop down menu and find the claim you wish to view.
4. Click ‘Appeal’ in the action column.
5. Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please also ensure that you disputed the transaction for an "item not as described" as this would be the correct dispute type.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

slee02
Contributor
Contributor
I've just had the same problem. I hope I get my money back.
Login to Me Too

sam_gg
Contributor
Contributor

yo! did you get the refund??

Login to Me Too

slee02
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did with no issues

Login to Me Too

sam_gg
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying! Can you tell me what did you say in the Paypal chargeback? and what proof did you give? and did CDkeys.com respond to it? I don't know the process sorry. I'm still waiting for cdkeys's reply in support.

Login to Me Too

slee02
Contributor
Contributor

No problem. I dealt with CD Keys directly through their customer support channel.

They sent me a new key to start with but I already purchased elsewhere so I asked for a refund instead and they obliged. 

Have you contacted them directly? If not then I would advise you to do so as they helped me out without an issue, despite the negative reviews on them online.

Login to Me Too

sam_gg
Contributor
Contributor
I had contacted them 3 days ago and just now got a reply that they are giving me a new key, so I said I wanted a refund, they agreed. Thanks! Glad I didn't have to open PayPal dispute.
Login to Me Too

Angry_Eagle83
New Community Member

Last night had same problem , Me and my son bought keys at same time his code working fine mine not "code already redeemed" Ive waited 3h to live chat but they didnt help so i opened ticket and need wait will erite back how this case end ,hope they give me new key or refund 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.