Cdkeys and paypal

andzka
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Can anyone help me or direct me to someone who will take this issue seriously.

On the 10th May 2020 a order when through on cdkeys (2 x £50 steam wallet top up and 1 x £20). I was totally unaware of this up until the same day where paypal sent me txt message saying a payment of 95,98 GBP to Omnyex Ecommerce DMCC was sent from my paypal account. I log into paypal immediately and see I was charged not only that but also additional 19,69 GBP. I only realized that was cdkeys because I did order once from them a key for a game and only that once (4th May) I used them. I just checked my settings on paypal and realized that cdkeys was on my pre-approved payments. Just now I deleted them but the damage was already done. 

I contacted paypal regarding this issue for an unauthorised purchase, they got back to me saying after reviewing my case, they found that the reported transactions were not unauthorised and therefore aren't eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection. 

Please, does anyone know what I can do?

Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Hobble
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem here, no response
Login to Me Too

Ryszard71
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had the same issue on 16th May, two transactions of £47.99.

Reported to Paypal and same got message that ''I am not covered''. ( Reason?? )

Paypal breaking the law as it's a distance selling,

moreover it all left me thinking that Paypal is with close relationship with CDkeys.

(Paypal not taking responsibility and CDkeys not refunding)

CDkeys messaged me back to say transactions were made via Paypal who is responsible.

I asked CDkeys for a refund (you have 7 working days!) and still waiting.

I had one transaction out of two made trough credit card and this one has been refunded with a huge help from my credit provider.

I still have problem with payment coming from my current account. 

I even received a new card and Paypal already have details.

Seriously I am thinkin to stop using paypal and delete the account as they only get profits regardless it being authorised or not.

I have reported this to Actionfraud.police.uk and now trying Resolver for CDkeys.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.