Cases

DavH1234
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can any one help me ,I purchased a kitchen mixer from China ,which never came ,when I complained they said they was out of stock ,and sent me a pack of balloons instead,I told them we was Pensioners and just wanted a refund back ,So I opened a case with Paypal ,which they are saying if I send the balloons back at my cost ,I will a get a refund provideing there is no damage to balloons. Have been quoted by the supplier this could cost $ 20 plus .so I think Paypal are letting me down ,they should be fighting my case . Now where I am struggling is ,when trying to phone PayPal centre it's a recorded message ,and tried to sent messages to PayPal on the case files nothing happens,So hope someone out there can help.

thanks

Dave

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DavH1234 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.