Cases/Outsourcing Basic human decency

Yarrick
Contributor
Contributor

STORY TIME:

I have contacted the VP of customer service for global accounts (basically handles call centers that are outsourced around the world)

On my case number: 04776280 I have been **bleep** for 2 days with non-stop attempts to reach a supervisor, a technician or someone that WORKS at paypal. Due to the fact my settings and account preferences are being ignored and they are going straight to my Debit card instead of the credit line that I have used for 5 years now.

When I asked if there is a reason for this I get placed on hold then they hang up on me. So I started calling and without yelling requested a supervisor, before a supervisor gets on they come back and research further and once again....hang up again.

Why do we stay with paypal can someone convince me before I write a Better Business Bureau Report on Paypal and try fighting for my 4 hours of time...Anyone curious here is a link: https://www.bbb.org/

Let's see if they care.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Yarrick
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass
@sharpiemarker
@Danna24
@RebGen
@ZombieZee
@tscovronski

Wanna defend their customer service? I requested for the recordings to post here to have a good laugh but they just hang up.

Ill probably have to go to court to even hear them again...."For quality assurance." 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yarrick

I was just about to respond to your first post to say that their customer services has got worse year by year.

However having seen your second post I guess that is not what you want to hear from us is it.

You only want us to defend paypal, why is that i wonder?

We have no more to do with them than you do. This is a COMMUNITY FORUM.

Yes i will defend them when i think they are in the right, presumably you don't like that? However I am here for the 'users' of paypal and only today have saved 2 from being scammed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yarrick
Contributor
Contributor

No this is perfect, thank you. Was hoping you could explain to me your services or if you have an example where someone was decent there, I am still on hold and being thrown around, finally got the VP customer service <removed> contact info and I finally got my issue resolved by VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE (vip) but what is the point of customer service? I was wondering sense you seem to care about people why anyone would stay with this service?

@kernowlass

Login to Me Too

Yarrick
Contributor
Contributor

No this is perfect, thank you. Was hoping you could explain to me your services or if you have an example where someone was decent there, I am still on hold and being thrown around, finally got the VP customer service <removed> contact info and I finally got my issue resolved by VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE (vip) but what is the point of customer service? I was wondering sense you seem to care about people why anyone would stay with this service?

@kernowlass

Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Yarrick, First off, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve attaching me to your comment about PayPals customer service. Actually, I too believe they leave a lot to be desired in most instances where resolving billing issues are concern. I don't work for PayPal. My comments have ALWAYS been trying to help people who have been ripped off by a Chinese company that habitually rips off people. I personally had it happen to me. What I learned from this experience was to NEVER again by anything advertised for sale on ANY SOCIAL MEDIA SITE. Such as Instagram or Facebook. Secondly, be cautious about using PayPal to pay for anything. In my opinion it would be better to use your CC or bank debit card. Thirdly, I advised people who came here in this community forum to complain about PayPal not responding to their request for assistance by email, to call PayPal and talk to a person. I'm very sorry that this didn't work for you and you now feel you need to contact the BBB to resolve your issue. Sometimes, one has to do what one has to do. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yarrick

Stay with the company?? When did I join??

I don't have anything to do with Paypal apart from having a paypal account.

However as I was once a high volume Ebay seller I learnt a lot about how Paypal worked.

I came here for help one day and got it, I stayed to provide help myself to the USERS of Paypal.

I must have saved thousands from well known scams, thats not helping Paypal that is helping Joe Bloggs that lives in the High Street etc.   Smiley Wink

When you have helped a lot of folks Paypal give you advisor status, doesn't mean anything really, I'm just the same as any other 'user' of this forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yarrick
Contributor
Contributor

Pulling attention is the best and basically only way to get important people to notice your attempts to fix an issue in this age. 

Took me 6 hours to finally get a decent human English speaking person that actually represents paypal and isn't a third party contractor for them.

Amazing what you can do if you put effort into it. Now time to use all examples for BBB.

Maybe I can lower their stock / 13 NPS score (ew)

Login to Me Too

Linjoel18
Having a very bad experience with PayPal at the moment. Customer service staff are dismissive and unwilling to help. PayPal app was upgraded and currency was automatically set to use their ridiculous rates . On top of that they intentionally make it difficult to call in to sort out issues that you have. PayPal has grown too big to care about customers that have been with them for many years. It’s truly disappointing to receive such treatment despite using your services for many years. I’ve never received such rude and dismissive treatment from any company in my life.
Login to Me Too

Yarrick
Contributor
Contributor

I agree using your credit card and not paypal is way better.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.