Case resolution delayed

belghouth
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I filled a case against B&H on Dec 11, 2019, because they did not ship after one week using FedEx. B&H recognized that the shipment has been returned to them by FedEx for an unknown reason. Anyway, PaPal puts 5 days away estimated date for the resolution to happen and each time, one day prior to the estimated date the update to delay the date further by extra five days, so far they delayed 4 times and I am not sure if this intended. B&H refuses to issue a refund since a case has been filled and I should wait until it finishes to get my refund.

Do you have any idea how much time does it take to resolve a case by PayPal?

What about B&H, can they hold a refund for the said reason?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@belghouth 

At first I though it was weird to have a dispute with B&H because they're usually on the dot with customer service but then I see that you're based in Qatar!

PayPal tries to resolve disputes in 30 days. Maybe B&H told PayPal they are reshipping or has reshipped it and allow time extensions to fix the problem. Or the merchant is trying to figure out why the package was returned to see if it can be reshipped or not. Maybe its a importing issue with customs who may have rejected it.

Please contact customer service for further assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

belghouth
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

I appreciate your reply, thank you.

The package has never left the USA as the FedEx tracking system says that the label has been created without updating. For some reason, FedEx rejected the package and even after a week B&H kept saying it was shipped, while FedEx says otherwise. Personally, this is the first time I deal with B&H and to be honest I suspected they are are not serious finding out why FedEx is not updating even after 4 days of the estimated delivery date.

Which is strange to me, if like you say the company is to the point, why do they keep hiding the truth to PayPal? The truth they told me in their multiple replies is that the package has been returned to them and they don't know why.

When I distrusted them I filled a dispute against them.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@belghouth 

Hmm, I see. That's too bad. Contact PayPal customer services to follow up on the case and ask what up with the delays.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

philicus66
Contributor
Contributor

Do not bother contacting PayPal Customer Service. They do not care and will be of no help what-so-ever! All they will do is give you silly excuses to further delay resolution of your case. I'm going through this scenario right now. PayPal is literally stealing money from me. They absolutely refuse to issue a refund despite the fact that the refund is fully warranted! What a bunch of thieves!!!

Login to Me Too

akhan360
New Community Member
Im going through the same thing. I filed claim on dec 10, resolution date has been pushed back to feb 2. Messaging them is of zero help. I called and got a little more insight, they give 20 days after the last shipping update. After which, if there is no tracking update or communication from seller, then the dispute can be resolved in your favor. I messaged paypal saying if i dont get a resolution by jan 25, i will do a chargeback on my credit card and close my paypal account for good. These people have the worst standards for customer service. I will happily move to a competitor service. Enough of us have been putting up with paypals mediocrity. Time to vote with your wallet.
Login to Me Too

belghouth
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

This is to follow up with the outcome of the case. After pushing back the date more than 10 times, finally, I got a full refund from PayPal, I just needed to wait. It took a little more than a month for the case to be resolved.

What I advise you is to put all your evidence when you fill the dispute because it will be impossible to append more details later.

Generally, FedEX, DHL, UPS and registered express mail tracking systems are reliable and will play at your side, PayPal seam to be checking the case but unfortunately they don't communicate their investigation to either the seller and the buyer until they take the decision. 

I hope this will help you resolve your cases.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.