Case raised 3 months after sale - Paypal has taken £200+ from me and continues to delay

Meltingmybrain
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Basically, I sold a PS4 back in December. The item was dispatched, tracked and confirmed with the buyer by the start of December. No issues, no questions. I withdrew the money, as you do.

Fast-forward to March, I receive a case notification and escalation from PayPal that the buyer has stated the item never arrived, 3 months later, despite having confirmed tracking. PayPal automatically freeze -£225 from my account (a negative balance now). 

I immediately uploaded all relevant tracking information, as well as evidence that the buyers eBay has now been suspended, likely due to similar activity.

Unfortunately, I attempted to purchase something using PayPal this week, which was £10. PayPal having held my balance as -£225, charged me £235 to spend £10. This has now put me in my overdraft and is actually costing me money, because some idiot scammer has tried his luck and PayPal refuse to conclude this cut and dry case.

I can't get anywhere with PayPal, as every time I check the dispute, they delay the expected conclusion date. It is now forecast to conclude 3 weeks after the case was opened, and 3 weeks after I provided conclusive evidence.

I'm massively unhappy with PayPal and this experience, and the fact I now have spent £200+ to have my paypal balance show £0, I want confirmation that PayPal haven't given the scamming idiot my money and I will receive this money back when I win. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.