Case opened up against me as a scam, what am I missing?

sunvsmoon
New Community Member

Received an email from who I thought was an Amazon business that I have ordered from many times before, offering refunds to purchase an item, try it out, and write a review on Amazon. I did and they deposited money in to my PayPal account. Now, they submitted a case saying they never received the item which makes no sense considering I did not sell them anything (this is the first time I've been scammed and I have to say, I feel pretty dumb for not catching this initially) and are asking for the entire amount back in the case. So currently, I would be 'sending them back' the money they sent me. I am of course going to escalate the case to PayPal, but was wondering if anyone had any tips on doing that, or if there is a possibility they are going to do something else and this will continue? It just seems like all they're doing is getting their own money back and at the end of the day, the scammer does not gain anything? I just feel like I am missing something.

Also, I have the entire email trail of their initial email (offering product) along with a final email where they send a snapshot of the PayPal transaction refund details to me. I think this would be helpful to support the case in that they are a scammer, but see no way to attach anything to a case dispute - all I can do is enter text which is not helpful. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.