Case denied after scammed...is this real?

mnitta10
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased a counterfeit purse online. I recorded all of the documentation. I submitted a case as the seller of the purse stopped responding. Paypal just came back to me and said the case was denied. Is this serious? I paid over $1,000. Paypal will just allow this? Selling counterfeit items is illegal. I'm so upset right now I don't even know what to do with myself. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mnitta10 

If it was a dispute for item received but not as described then if you bought a purse and got a purse then it would not qualify. Paypal does not get involved in quality issues.

HOWEVER if at the time of opening the dispute you provided paypal with documentation from trading standards (or similar in your country) OR from a shop or company that sells / makes the real article on company headed paper confirming the item was fake then you may well have one, so did you do so?

And whilst its illegal to sell fake stuff in your country, in places like China etc its perfectly legal, its only illegal if you knowingly import fake goods into your country, its not illegal for the seller to send them from a country where you are allowed to sell fakes.

BUT if it was a U.S seller then take private legal action against them?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.