Case closed with incorrect tracking number

daveiw100
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal closed a case for non delivery of goods, as the merchant provided tracking details which showed delivery. The tracking number provided by the merchant to PayPal is incorrect. Further, this tracking shows delivery to a different geographical area.

PayPal have not responded to any of the several messages sent via their Message chat system.

How am I able to progress this???

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Mramhood
Contributor
Contributor
Me too!! PayPal have decided to pay my money to the fraudulent Chinese company who supposedly posted me a pair of golf shoes. They never arrived and the tracking number on their app says they were delivered. The company stated that they would arrive Royal Mail, but told PayPal China post. I have tried to dispute the findings with PayPal on their message centre but nobody replies and there is no apparent procedure to appeal any dispute or present evidence to prove a case. PayPal does not offer the protection I believed it did and I am now reviewing my use of PayPal and reverting to a credit card which will offer both protection and contact.
Login to Me Too

daveiw100
Contributor
Contributor

Interestingly, it was golf shoes that were ordered in my case  - Ordered 16th Aug.

Followed link on Facebook ad. PayPal transaction shows payment to Danceage Network Limited.

Received order confirmation email from Odoyalso. They later provided a China Post tracking number.  The tracking status shows movement all over the place, but no delivery.

PayPal resoluion case opened. I advised PayPal that the merchant had given them the incorrect tracking number, but they have blatently ignored this

The Target date for completion continually changed for around a six week period, then the case was closed with "Merchant provided tracking info showing delivery".

PayPal have not responded to any of several messages sent to them.

It must be blatently obvious to PayPal that this is a fraudulent company, yet they choose to take our money, and do nothing to resolve the issue.

It appears that merchants can provide any legitamate, or possibly ficticious, tracking number, and PayPal will accept this

PayPal's Buyer Protection policy is non-existant, and they have no customer service, or contact method

They do not have a complaints process, nor do they participate in independant complaints investigations organisations such as Reslover.

I will not be using PayPal again

Login to Me Too

Dutchy1979
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted them via @askpaypal on Twitter in my own dispute. They did reply quickly and reopened my dispute and changed it to product no received dispute. They didnt answer via the message center but once i got my dispute reopened they did reply there too. I did receive a full refund.
Login to Me Too

tapeman
New Community Member

I just had the same problem with this company.  they gave a tracking number for an item delivered in my city but to a place 2 miles away.  the USPS has investigated and verified that the item was 8 ounces and delivered to a different address and a different name.  the item that i bought was a large outdoor "smokeless" fire pit.  clearly, not 8 ounces.  based on the posting here, i suppose i should not expect PayPal to back me up.  if they do, then i will let you know.

Login to Me Too

daveiw100
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, This was exactlty the same situation In my friend's case.  The tracking number provided to PayPal by the company showed delivery to a different area - around 8 miles away. 

After several persistant, daily messages to PayPal, we got the case re-opened, and eventually PayPal ruled the case in our favour and refunded the money.

So I would suggest continuing to message PayPal.

Good luck

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.