Case closed on the basis of false information

Pontious
Contributor
Contributor

I have a long standing dispute with a seller who sent an item that was significantly different to how it was described. We did eventually reach an agreement for a partial refund, the seller then advising he had transferred the amount to my PayPal account. No money was ever transferred to my account and the seller stopped communicating. I opened a claim with Paypal who subsequently advised that they had found in my favour and would make a refund of the purchase price after I sent the item back to China with online tracking (at a significant cost to me), even though the item was posted to me from an address in Australia. I sent the item back to China at my expense, uploaded all the tracking details to PayPal, and they acknowledged the same to me in an email the next day. They have also referred to the tracking details in several conversations I have had with them in the Message Centre. After another month passed, the advised me that they had denied my claim on the basis that I had not provided tracking details?? They then unceremoniously closed the case and denied an appeal. Why?? And why did they wait a month before contacting me if they required additional information?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.