Case closed in sellers favour for not presenting tracking number, although tracking number was sent!

IGNITER
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal community,

I find of mine was tricked and he received item that was significantly not as described.

It is one of this cases when the seller sends some junk that has nothing in common with the advertised item in order to gain profit.

I advised my friend to start a case, ship back the junk and have his money back, which was normally the case as it was going for a years for me.

So, he send the "good" back to the sellers address provided by PayPal, they even thank him on 25.11.2019 for the tracking information.

Meanwhile on the 6-th of December tracking shows that the item is delivered, and yet on 20.12.2019 the case was decided in sellers favour with given reason "no tracking details where provided".

Of course such things shake my trust in PayPal and make me to think twice about how the things are going on.

See for yourself.

Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 16.20.08.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-28 at 16.20.39.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IGNITER 

Tell friend to contact customer service and have a human review the case on appeal:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IGNITER 

Tell friend to contact customer service and have a human review the case on appeal:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

IGNITER
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, he contacted them over the PayPal messaging system.

He is kind a new to all of this and I give my best to guide him.

I can see the disappointment in him already.

Let's hope for the best. 

Login to Me Too

IGNITER
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, it is good when it ends good.

They had review the case after he message them and decided in his favour.

I didn't knew that it is possible once the case is closed.

It wasn't the case of $50, it was rather the way how the things are going.

PayPal should be more serious towards a suspicious sellers and not allowing them to use the platform for payments if there are too much cases against them.

The seller's website is well known among the bunch of antifraud websites.

In my opinion it shouldn't be like that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.