Case closed PayPal

227alex
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for reporting this case. After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorised and hence isn't eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection. We've noted the account changes you reported with this case. What does this mean? I reported unauthorised activity as my brother withdraw from my balance to his bank??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@227alex

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent.

If your Paypal account was not hacked but you 'allowed' access to that account either by saving your password on your computer or leaving it accessible for others to use then that is called 'friendly unauthorised use' which is your responsibility and not Paypals.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zaijal
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass is correct here. I would advise that if you actually want to take action on this that you report his activity to your local authorities, as this falls outside of PayPal's responsibility. It is still fraud and theft at the end of the day, so go to the police.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.