Case closed Not in my favour and got scammed

EY88
New Community Member
I ordered for a gaming chair , supposed to be shipped out within 5 days but after 2 weeks no shipment was done and unable to contact seller , raise an dispute , after 1 month item was shipped out and after another 1.5 month , received a ring instead of gaming chair , due to Covid excuses customer support hotline was closed , went to message centre informed them of the item received provided they with all concrete evidence , agent replied and acknowledge my issue and inform me that 2 more days to case resolution and ask me to wait but case resolution date was constant delayed from 2nd August till 9th Sep and case is closed not in my favour due to seller Had provided valid tracking info LOL? Anyone one able to help me to speak with and customer support directly or am I able to walk in directly to PayPal office location in Singapore
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Borges60
New Community Member

I also bought something , after a month tried to contact seller with no response! As soon I notified PayPal that I was no longer interested in the item about a week later I was provided with a tracking  number and to my surprise I was sent a tiny suction cup instead of a motor bicycle ! And the ridiculous part of it all ,is PayPal wanting me to return this to China!  With  a Chinese address.Whoever sent this, knew exactly what was doing!

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I must have written a dozen times saying how this scenario would be funny if it were in a movie. How PP is handling these scams and associated disputes is ridiculous to say the least. It borders on being criminal the way PP knowingly allows scammers to take advantage of consumers on PP's platform.

The only possible remedy (other than taking PP to court) is to contact customer service (again if you had already) and try to find a rep that will listen. I was lucky enough to finally get a rep to help. You can too if you persist.

Login to Me Too

jhelupka
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me!! Though I am still waiting for a resolution
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.