Case ID: PP-D-82803847 Yunhan Industrial Co., Ltd.

Temp20230602A
Contributor
Contributor

I currently have a case, where I ordered from a Facebook advert a large Waste paper bin valued at  $27.80, It stated it was being shipped from the USA.  I know now this was a mistake as a while later a packet of bin liners turned up, with the matching tracking number, from Hong Kong!

I obviously opened a case, not as described which the company have eventually replied with we will refund you if you return the item we sent at my expense.  So it is going to cost me at least £7 to return the item, they sent in error (or not in error I believe.)  I have looked everywhere for me to reply to the case, but the only button I have is to input the tracking number.  This is just a huge con.  I should be able to appeal this, they are obviously counting on people not bothering to return the item

Can anyone help.

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

PhilipLee1128
Contributor
Contributor
Well, didn’t realise that there are so many unhappy PayPal customers/buyers using this payment method whereby PayPal guaranteed to protect buyers using PayPal service. PayPal is so arrogant now that in their terms it was stated thst “if you are not happy you can close the account” Whoa! We should rethink again of this service (or disservice)
Login to Me Too

thelisab
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact thing. I ordered the trashcan and they sent trashbags. I finally did get them to tell me they'd give me a full refund if I close the Paypal dispute.... sounds fishy to me.... so I'll close the dispute and never hear from them again right?

Login to Me Too

Wilson281
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly the same for me! Ordered the rubbish bin and received bin bags. Seller has not responded to my dispute so I have escalated to PayPal. Very disappointed to read this thread as I thought PayPal Buyer Protection meant something!
Login to Me Too

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t do it... then you can’t go back to PayPal... ( you can always have your bank deal with it.. ) YunHan did that to another person they scammed on here. Once you close out on PP, you can’t reopen.
Login to Me Too

Rodin0305
Contributor
Contributor
The case is not closed when you supply additional information. There is also an appeals process. What Yunhan Industrial Co. LTD is doing is a Scam.
Login to Me Too

thelisab
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, this is actually an update to my issue. I also ordered the Trash Can and received the little trash bags. After reading what a pain everyone here was having, and getting NO useful response from Paypal, I decided that the $30 was not worth the number of hours I was about to spend fighting this so...

Yunhan had told me in multiple emails that they would not give me a refund while I had an open PayPal dispute. I tried. I threatened... nothing...so...because I figured I was out the $30 either way I went ahead and marked my PayPal case resolved. It killed me to do it because I knew without a doubt, that would be the last I heard from Yunhan but my sanity and my time are also worth money. I emailed them and told them I cancelled the dispute and when will I see my refund?

They said something like, we will check back and you will see a refund in the next 3-5 days. So I log in today and believe it or not, there is a refund from Yunhan in my account. It hasn't actually hit my credit card yet but it's showing on Paypal that they sent a refund.

I'm not recommending this approach to anyone, I'm just sharing my experience. And the bottom line here is I really believe PayPal is failing at customer service right now and I don't understand why. There is no reason their customer service people can't be working from home...

Login to Me Too

maverick202020
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmm, Sounds to me like we could all get a class action suit filed.... <removed>

Login to Me Too

nazz01
Contributor
Contributor
i think that’s a good idea , they keep telling me to return for a refund what the f is wrong with them and a asian address
Login to Me Too

Sonic3503
Contributor
Contributor

I will join the class action suit.  

Login to Me Too

Aznp3
Contributor
Contributor

Thats what i said!! Figures they censor it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.