Case ID: PP-D-82803847 Yunhan Industrial Co., Ltd.

Temp20230602A
Contributor
Contributor

I currently have a case, where I ordered from a Facebook advert a large Waste paper bin valued at  $27.80, It stated it was being shipped from the USA.  I know now this was a mistake as a while later a packet of bin liners turned up, with the matching tracking number, from Hong Kong!

I obviously opened a case, not as described which the company have eventually replied with we will refund you if you return the item we sent at my expense.  So it is going to cost me at least £7 to return the item, they sent in error (or not in error I believe.)  I have looked everywhere for me to reply to the case, but the only button I have is to input the tracking number.  This is just a huge con.  I should be able to appeal this, they are obviously counting on people not bothering to return the item

Can anyone help.

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

Aznp3
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact thing....I SAY CLASS ACTION..... facebook and paypal are collecting money from them just as they rip us off with bait and switch and false advertising.....anyone interested in a class action suit?

Login to Me Too

mojo5550
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. Same thing happened to me.

Login to Me Too

Pipers51
New Community Member
I ordered the barrel and received a small package of cheap trash can liners. Sounds like all I can do is chalk it up to experience and move on.
Login to Me Too

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
There is an option to appeal a case (once it is closed). I am not sure if this step has been successful for any one yet. I have, however linked your case, and others I have found, into my case, to try to prove “pattern” of this scammer. Returning item, ( or trying to) will only increase the amount is money you are out . It seems most likely there is NO way to prove that they received phony item, if they Say they did not. Hopefully I will get a CS rep, who will follow through, and at least put sanctions on this vendor. One rep told me that, they are working on law-suit, against vendor.. but it had to “be a surprise to them” ... Another CS rep said that she put a hold on my money , until case resolved, but according to other CS reps ( after that) this was not done. I keep SS of my correspondence with the vendor ( who never replied), and PayPal correspondence. Picture of original ad, and the invoice “vendor’s ad / reference that was given to PayPal by the scammers accepting Our money, from PayPal. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

nazz01
Contributor
Contributor

i got a fake address sent me to translated via god knows who post won’t accept as there is no such address <removed> Mong Kok, Kowloon HK. and paypal does not respond

Login to Me Too

Fifi669
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve just had exactly the same experience with this company. I ordered a beach trolley, I should have known it was too cheap to be true, but I’d previously bought cheap things from the east so I went ahead. What arrived was an inflatable travel pillow. Nowhere near the same value. The tracking number was the same as given for the beach trolley. I have sent PayPal our correspondence and told them others are complaining about the company switching products too. They offered 30% refund and said returning the the item for a full refund would cost $20 and ‘would not be a good choice for me’.
Login to Me Too

nazz01
Contributor
Contributor
omg i bought the same exact thing and they sent a ring !!! worth $2 i payed $43.94 and now will be out of pocket $30
Login to Me Too

Sonic3503
Contributor
Contributor

me too...except I got a dollar store nail file!!!  Ridiculous with all of us saying this is a scam and fraud and PayPal is siding with Yunhan Industrial Co., Ltd.  It's so crazy!  I will never use PayPal again if my claim is not made right!

Login to Me Too

jgardiner03
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the exact same problem with this company.  I cannot get my money back!  I ordered an end table, and got a nail kit in the mail.  They offered a 30% refund or I could ship the item back

Hi,
I do understand the disappointment you’ve faced.
To save the money and time, may I suggest a 30% refund as a compensation?
If you want to return the unit, we will provide you with the return address.
But the shipping fee is more than $20.
This is not a good choice for you.
Sorry for all the inconvenience and hope for your understanding.
Best regards.

Really!!!???  No.  I don't think so.  I will not pay to ship back a $1 nail kit.  I am so frustrated that these people are allowed to stay in business. 

I sent them an email within the hour of ordering, asking them to cancel my order and refund my money.  They sent back and email saying they already shipped it.  I bet you did!  UGH... so MAD!

Login to Me Too

blowupyunhan
Contributor
Contributor

same thing with me blow up neck cushion instead of trolley, i changed my dispute from item not received to wrong item sent this is where they catch you out cos you then have to return it UNDAMAGED ( we all know they will say its damaged )item before paypal will give you a refund, return postage is £12 item only worth £3 even though paypal will pay return postage they will say it is damaged so still wont get your money back, absolute disgrace they shouldn't be allowed to have paypal payment method as you automatically think you are safe with paypal, i had 3 addresses as well so there is another obstacle well KARMA IS ALL I CAN SAY they can keep my money if they are that desperate lying cheating thieves 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.