Case ID: PP-D-82803847 Yunhan Industrial Co., Ltd.

Temp20230602A
Contributor
Contributor

I currently have a case, where I ordered from a Facebook advert a large Waste paper bin valued at  $27.80, It stated it was being shipped from the USA.  I know now this was a mistake as a while later a packet of bin liners turned up, with the matching tracking number, from Hong Kong!

I obviously opened a case, not as described which the company have eventually replied with we will refund you if you return the item we sent at my expense.  So it is going to cost me at least £7 to return the item, they sent in error (or not in error I believe.)  I have looked everywhere for me to reply to the case, but the only button I have is to input the tracking number.  This is just a huge con.  I should be able to appeal this, they are obviously counting on people not bothering to return the item

Can anyone help.

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

donhen
Contributor
Contributor
Yes! Me too. I got the same ugly pillow instead Of the cart. PayPal has denied my claim!
Login to Me Too

vinodisaac
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly same problem

Here is my chat conversations with Paypal. Now Paypal has blocked me from sending new messages.

Hi! I'm your PayPal Assistant. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund".

If I can't help, I'll transfer your message to an agent.

11:45 AM

- PayPal Assistant

In open case seller is asking me to return item. He has given address in chinese and there is nothing to return either.

11:46 AM

Do you need help with a dispute?

11:46 AM

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

11:47 AM

What would you like to do?

- PayPal Assistant

Check dispute status

Great! Please select your dispute from the list below:

- PayPal Assistant

Transaction ID: PP-D-81363775
Amount: $ 29.98
Date: AUG 20, 2020

We are waiting on additional information from you to proceed with the review of this claim. Please respond by September 5, 2020. To respond :

Go to the Resolution Center.
Click Respond in the Action column next to your claim.
Select how you would like to respond and click Continue.

Are you looking to upload additional information to support your case?

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

Sure. Please click on this link to upload additional documents.

Did this help resolve the issue or question you had?

- PayPal Assistant

No, I need more help

11:51 AM

I am sorry to hear that.

Our customer service staffing is limited due to the coronavirus (covid-19) crisis. We've put together some useful information in the Help Center to quickly resolve your issue. I'll stay here while you take a look.

Would you like to send this conversation to a customer support agent? We typically respond within a few hours.

- PayPal Assistant

No

No problem.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

How may I assist you?

11:52 AM

- PayPal Assistant

talk to agent

Our customer service staffing is limited due to the coronavirus (covid-19) crisis. We've put together some useful information in the Help Center to quickly resolve your issue. I'll stay here while you take a look.

Would you like to send this conversation to a customer support agent? We typically respond within a few hours.

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification when we've responded.

- PayPal Assistant

It is regarding case

id PP-D-81363775

I ordered a chair but seller sent me a very small packet. I have uploaded images of it. Now seller want me to return it. He gave address in chinese. He is just trying to fool the paypal resolution system. I can't read chinese and can't respond to the case.

Seller is just trying to create road blocks. I think I should get my refund without any requirement to send it back. There is literally nothing to send.

11:55 AM

LR

I'm happy to inform you that your case is progressing because of your PayPal's Buyer Protection is activated. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I know that this could be worrisome for you to the return the item. No need for you to return the item you received. What I did here is I send you an email requesting to provide additional information for the item you received such as police report or any government documents. That will serve as a compelling evidence from you aside from the photos you will provide. All you have to do is visit www.ic3.gov and file a report.

Once it's obtained, please email the document to .... and the subject line is your case ID PP-D-81363775 or you can reply in this conversation and attach the said document.
In addition, We appreciate you filed a dispute against the seller, because we will be able to investigate their account, if we find trends and this claim proven valid. Rest assured, we will not tolerate such behavior from the seller we will put their account on limitations not being able to use PayPal again.
Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can.a

12:13 PM

- Lovely Mar

Your file has been uploaded.

IC3 Complaint ... Form.pdf / 0.06

I have uploaded the IC3 complaint document here as well as in the resolution center.

8:17 AM

FD

Thank you for uploading the document. Just check your email from email from time to time for any updates of your case.

10:36 AM

-<removed>
FD

Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can.

10:37 AM

- <removed>

I have not received any email on the case so far. Wondering how long it will take?

7:50 PM

ME

I understand that you still did not received your item. I have successfully request for a translation of the address where you will need to send the item back. Please check your email within 72 hours for the return address and all information your need. The seller's contact information should also be appearing in the transaction details page in the activity log. A special team will be the one to forward this email depending on the language it was written from. Don't forget to always check the Resolution Center for more updates about your case.

Once the case was close in your favor you will get your refund. Just to set you proper expectation it will take 5 Business days up to 1 billing cycle to reflect to your card depending on your card issuer.
Rest assured that We will send you notification on your email account regarding on your case/ refund Please keep an eye on your message inbox.

8:07 PM

- Michelle

Lovely Mar wrote in this conversation "No need for you to return the item you received."

Now you want me to return the item?

10:17 AM

RN

I am sorry for the confusion Vinod. I can confirm that you don't need to return the item as what Lovely Mar mentioned. Just follow the email we have sent you for the instructions regarding the document you need to submit. I have sent you the email again and you only have 6 days to respond on the requested document.

10:41 AM

- Rubelyn

I already submitted IC3 Complaint Form. Uploaded here and in resolution center as well few days back. What else you want me to submit?

Fritz Gerald in this thread responded to it with "thank you for uploading the document"

Looks to me every time new person responds and we are keep going in cycles.

11:41 AM

JL

Thank you for letting me know that you already submitted it here. It seems like it was not successfully attached the reason why we are still asking you. But rest assure that I attached it to your case and let our investigation teams to review the case for you. All you need to do is, keep an eye on your email for further updates regarding this case. You are all set for now. Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can.

1:59 PM

- Jobel

Looks like case is still in review. While I have another case exact same issue. Seller didn't send the item ordered. Just sent a small packet instead.

New case ID is PP-D-83559214

7:03 PM

JL

Upon checking your case: PP-D-83559214 for $29.99, I can see that you and the seller are still in Inquiry stage where you can have an amicable resolution with your seller. If you think that the merchant will not respond or give you any amicable solution, you can escalate it to PayPal for us to intervene. You may update your case to our Resolution Center or just let me know if you need help. Please be guided that if you didn't escalate the case to PayPal the case will be resolve in favor of your seller.

7:32 PM

- Jobel

Seller didn't respond to my emails. So I don't expect him to resolve the issue. I will wait and see for seller's reply. Most probably he will do the same trick and ask me to send the item back.

7:39 PM

JL

I’ll now escalate this into a claim for us to intervene. That means, PayPal that will do all the heavy lifting, so you don’t need to contact the merchant anymore. As early as today, the seller may respond with a refund. We’ll send you an email once that happens. Most of the time, they respond quicker to a claim because this puts red flags on their PayPal account, and this will affect their other payments negatively. Just to set your expectation I will give a tight deadline for the seller to respond. I’ll monitor the case so if I see that there’s no response from the seller, I’ll refund your money back. Just keep an eye to your email for the update.

8:02 PM

- Jobel

thanks a lot

8:39 PM

CE

Thank you for contacting us about this case. I see that we are still waiting for the seller's response. We have given the seller until (September 18 ,2020 Friday) to respond to us. If I do not hear from them, on (September 19 ,2020 Saturday) I will close this case in your favor. The refund is guaranteed to go back to your funding source usually within 3 - 5 business days. I wouldn't ask you to do anything at this point as I will take care of this for you. Expect an email from me in a few minutes and details of this case will be posted in your Resolution Center. Feel free to reply whenever you're ready. When you reply, one of our available agents or myself will continue to help you.

11:21 PM

- Canice

Messages are worked in the order they’re received and we’ll send you a notification to your app, PayPal account, and email you when we reply. Thank you.

This conversation has been closed.

Hi! I'm your PayPal Assistant. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund".

1:46 PM

- PayPal Assistant

Not sure why other conversation was closed

1:47 PM

I found some articles in our Help Center that might help you. Check them out! If you need more help, please type “need more help".

Why can't my customers choose a ship-to address other than their default PayPal address?
Scams on Craigslist and Other Classifieds Websites
Can I reopen a closed dispute?

- PayPal Assistant

case PP-D-83559214

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification when we've responded.

- PayPal Assistant

1:49 PM

- PayPal Assistant

case PP-D-83559214 same thing address in chinese

Would you like more information about updating phone numbers or addresses on your PayPal account?

- PayPal Assistant

None of these

Sorry, I'm not trained to solve your problem right now, but I'm learning new things every day. Please try rephrasing the question.

- PayPal Assistant

talk to agent

1:50 PM

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

- PayPal Assistant

I am not sure why the other conversation was closed

case PP-D-83559214 same thing address in chinese that I can't read.

Jobel wrote the following

Upon checking your case: PP-D-83559214 for $29.99, I can see that you and the seller are still in Inquiry stage where you can have an amicable resolution with your seller. If you think that the merchant will not respond or give you any amicable solution, you can escalate it to PayPal for us to intervene. You may update your case to our Resolution Center or just let me know if you need help. Please be guided that if you didn't escalate the case to PayPal the case will be resolve in favor of your seller.

but now seller want me to send the item while giving address in chinese.

looks like Paypal resolution center is just a waste of time.

1:53 PM

Messages are worked in the order they’re received and we’ll send you a notification to your app, PayPal account, and email you when we reply. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
OMG, that looks exactly like mine. , very frustrating you can also start a case with FTC ( in US). They supply you with a case number. Upload the SS from that case to your PP conversation (🤷🏼‍♀️).. this report also implicates PayPal as being complicit & /or facilitating the scam /crime. I had 3 - cases, one against YunHan.. and finally got the refund yesterday. If you don’t continue to at least add one word almost daily to conversation, they will close it out. If you did receive an item, and attempt to return it, the cost would be close to $100.USD.. but, the return address is phony, undeliverable... so you would be out more money, another month + of useless conversations with CS. Per CS rep, I was assured that YunHan was placed on limited, and they were building a case. I feel for you... you are almost there.. just continue saving documentation, SS , if you receive fake item take pics of item, and package received- with all info ( will be a different vender’s name). Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Sonic3503
Contributor
Contributor

wow...so impressed you documented this fiasco.  PayPal needs to shut Yunhan Industrial Co., Ltd. down.  They are just plain thieves - let's face it.  PayPal allowing this to continue makes them part of the thief.  

Login to Me Too

vinodisaac
Contributor
Contributor

sent an email and got the following reply.

So now I can't even communicate with them by email. Can't contact them by phone, messages and email. It is a shame that they will hide for just $29.97

Dear Vinod Isaac,

Thank you for your email. For privacy and security reasons, in order to address your concerns, please contact us from the email address that is registered to the account, which you wish to discuss.

If you do not have access to that email address, you can add and confirm another email address on your PayPal account. Here's how:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
  2. Click + to the right of "Email."
  3. Enter your new email address and click Add Email.

We automatically send an email to the address when you add it to your PayPal account. Here's how to confirm your email address:

1. Click the "Confirm Your Email" link in the email.
  2. Enter your PayPal password.
  3. Click Confirm My Email.

As soon as you add and confirm this email address, you can email us again by clicking Contact us at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. We’ll be able to answer your questions and provide you with specific account information.

Thanks,

PayPal

Login to Me Too

nazz01
Contributor
Contributor
i have had the same problem with the same company . why should i be out of pocket of about $30 for the wrong item to be sent i purchased a beach trolly and received a ring paypal should do something about this seller how is it fair we need to pay for shipping !
Login to Me Too

maverick202020
Contributor
Contributor

I also have a case against Yunhan Industrial Co., Ltd. (case ID PP-D-83548974).  I ordered a trash can and basically received doggie poop bags! Now I'm being told by Paypal that I can only get a full refund when I return the items I received. The address that the Yunhan Industrial Co., Ltd. company provides is a fake address and it will cost almost $60 to return what they sent me.  So much for Paypal's Purchase Protection for buyers! I don't think I'll be using Paypal again after this.

Login to Me Too

maverick202020
Contributor
Contributor

I just received notice that the case was ruled in my favor and I received a FULL refund of $29.80

I did go through the process of returning the bags, only because a Paypal rep told me about the return shipping refund offered by Paypal.  I checked various shipping options on www.parcelmonkey.com and found the option that was trackable but under $30.  Then I requested the refund using this site: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns 

If Yunhan supplies you with an address in Chinese, then contact Paypal through their message service. A rep there gave me the address in English and stated that if the address is fake, or if the package is refused by the seller, than the case is automatically ruled in my favor...which is exactly what happened!  

Certaintly was a pain in the **bleep** to have to deal with this, but I was determined to not let these scammers win this time!! Don't give up! Good luck!

Login to Me Too

lectric_2000
Contributor
Contributor

My case is: Case ID: PP-D-84019486

I received exactly the same poop bags as you did, and had ordered a trash can too! Paypal is no help at resolving. It is simple, refund everyones money and shut them down!

What an obvious scam and so many posts about it yet Paypal hasn't done anything yet...

Come on Paypal, wake up please.

Login to Me Too

Rodin0305
Contributor
Contributor

Sections Can I keep goods delivered to me by mistake? Holly <removed>/ 01 May 2015 If you receive goods that you didn’t order, can you keep them? We explain the rules about unsolicited goods and items delivered to you by mistake. Pile of parcels and packages You are within your rights to keep unsolicited goods Many households all over Britain have received goods they didn’t order in the post. The conundrum presents itself – what do you do? Can you keep them? There are some specific rules that are worth following so you don’t end up in hot water. Ordering goods on eBay? Read our scam guide. What are unsolicited goods? Items that firms send to you, but you didn't actually order are called "unsolicited goods". You're well within your rights to keep them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.