Case Closed?

jimmilovett
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute on Dec 7, 2020. The seller and I communicated back and forth a few times, he was offering to return 1/2 of what I paid and I wanted a full refund. I opened a claim on Dec 15. On Dec 20, I received an email from PayPal requesting I return the items and to provide proof of shipping. On Dec 24, I shipped the items to the seller, and uploaded a photo of the receipt with tracking number and the receipt of the USPS Customs Declaration form. Also on Dec 24, I requested a refund for the $27 shipping fee to China and uploaded the same photo I used for the claim as proof of shipping. I was refunded the shipping fee on Dec 30, 2020. I got an email this evening from PayPal saying my case was closed because "we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise." This is really unbelievable to me because not only are there two jpeg files attached to the case, but when I looked at the case history, it shows Dec 24, "Evidence provided by sender - You." Obviously I provided valid proof of tracking, I provided the same proof that got me the refund for the shipping cost. The tracking number is loud and clear in the photo. When I followed the tracking number, it shows it arrived in Shanghai. 

What can I do about this, if anything at all? From my understanding, once a case is closed, there is no reopening it, but this is not my mistake, this is PayPal's mistake

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jimmilovett 

APPEAL.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jimmilovett
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I don't see an appeal button anywhere and I believe it's because the claim is closed.

Login to Me Too

jimmilovett
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to call, but the automated system tells me there is no one available to assist me with my situation. I have sent a message, however, PayPal Assistant refers me right back here so I don't even know if anyone is even getting the message. Their Facebook messenger replied saying it didn't understand me. I've sent them a private message on Twitter and got a reply saying their reply will be delayed due to Covid-19. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to call my bank for this one. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.