Case Closed Because There Was No Unauthorized Access?????

TomDuong123
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,someone took my 20$,i opened a dispute at Paypal,and i received a mail tonight with the title:Case Closed.And when i read it it said there was no unauthorized access and the case is closed.SERIOUSLY Paypal,clearly someone logged onto my account without knownledge and steal my 20$,and you're gonna let the thief used my hard earned money????Can anyone help me?????????????

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TomDuong123,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent unauthorized claim. When a transaction is reported as unauthorized, PayPal looks for several things that would indicate the transaction was in fact unauthorized. During this investigation period, if our Customer Support are unable to find sufficient evidence that shows it was unauthorized, the claim will most likely be closed and not refunded. This decision normally cannot be appealed or reversed, so at this time it sounds like the decision would need to stand. I know this is less than ideal, however please know PayPal takes reports of unauthorized activity very seriously and makes sure to do a thorough investigation. 

Best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

TomDuong123
Contributor
Contributor

I appeal the case again and got denied,like come on,the guy who logged in never changed stuff,that's the point,maybe IP tracking or something?
@PayPal_JonK 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.