Carl2020 xyz website scam.

MattPoco
Contributor
Contributor

I was attempting to purchase a Nintendo Switch as a gift for a family member and made the mistake of basing my purchase off of google's shopping page. It brought me to what looked like a legitimate Nintendo website and I bought the switch for $299.00 then was sent a text message from paypal with the seller's name, realized it was Chinese and immediately tried to file for a refund in which Paypal said they would contact the seller.

The website is pretending to be an official Nintendo website, however the payment claims to be to "HANYUANDIEJ" and a company called "Hanyuan Diejin Department Store" which instantly parsed my payment so I couldn't cancel it.

After a brief google search I can see that this person already has 4 other websites lined up to continue running this scam.

So that leads me to my two questions.

Looking at other people's complaints in this area how likely am I to actually receive a refund for this?
Is there any way I can report the person running this scam given they're running their scam through Paypal?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Jana710
Contributor
Contributor
I was also scamed by webside. These scam websites exactly know how paypal works and use their processes to betray people. Or these scam websited cooperate with paypal somehow, otherwise paypal wouldn't allow so many scam websites to betray clients. This should be public for everyone that paypal doesn't help by this kind of betray and cooperate with the betrayer. What could be the reason?
Login to Me Too

fourflowers
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed as well. I sent an email to PayPal and have received no update other than the seller provided a tracking number.  Today I received a package which was a small piece of foam,  possibly used as a phone cover,  but it is a completely useless item not even worth the price of shipping.  The fact that all of us have the same problem should tell PayPal that this is a problem seller and a real issue.  If PayPal refuses to reimburse me,  I'll get my lawyer to start working on this, I'm not even joking. 

Login to Me Too

fourflowers
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone ever get any resolution to this? After all this time, Paypal today finally told me they could do nothing for me. It's time for some legal action.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.