Carl2020 xyz website scam.

MattPoco
Contributor
Contributor

I was attempting to purchase a Nintendo Switch as a gift for a family member and made the mistake of basing my purchase off of google's shopping page. It brought me to what looked like a legitimate Nintendo website and I bought the switch for $299.00 then was sent a text message from paypal with the seller's name, realized it was Chinese and immediately tried to file for a refund in which Paypal said they would contact the seller.

The website is pretending to be an official Nintendo website, however the payment claims to be to "HANYUANDIEJ" and a company called "Hanyuan Diejin Department Store" which instantly parsed my payment so I couldn't cancel it.

After a brief google search I can see that this person already has 4 other websites lined up to continue running this scam.

So that leads me to my two questions.

Looking at other people's complaints in this area how likely am I to actually receive a refund for this?
Is there any way I can report the person running this scam given they're running their scam through Paypal?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

kimberlyb9453
Contributor
Contributor

Same! I don't know if you got this email address, but I found this information if you did. CONTACT US. Address :<removed> Email : <removed>

Login to Me Too

Angela32073
Contributor
Contributor
I explained to PayPal that they are using a spoofing site. I found multiple on Google once I started researching. PayPal still denied my refund. PayPal needs to be held accountable. Multiple people are being scammed.
Login to Me Too

jojo232323
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is still reviewing my case. 

However, I had success w/ just stopping the payment w my bank. Thankfully. 

Apparently this seller claims they sent this via USPS and provided a tracking #. However, when i checked it out, no info came up. I think they are just trying to buy time with Paypal. 

This is such a waste of our time. Why they dont just shut this seller down is beyond me. 

Login to Me Too

MattPoco
Contributor
Contributor

Not only did the bank refuse to stop my payment, they told me to just call card services and have them refund it instead, saying that Paypal is unreliable when it comes to dealing with these issues.

They provided a tracking number on mine as well, and the tracking number explicitly says they're shipping several "Small packets"

Login to Me Too

MiMi1000
Contributor
Contributor

This is so frustrating. Im going back and fourth  with Pay Pal and my credit card. I did not receive any shipping information at all.  Ni-ether wants to assist in getting my money back for a product I did not receive. I even provided the scam websites and google search of HANYUANDIEJ comes right up as a scam. The seller has not reached out to me nothing. I emailed the seller with the email I got from my credit card company and no response. I called the phone my credit card has for the seller and of course nobody answers the phone only has a recording saying not able to answer calls call back later same message all day. Now my credit card want me to provide proof of cancellation/return ,I never received so it was not returned and I cant even find the fake website anymore. Unbelievable Pay Pal allows sellers to scam people through them and they do nothing about it.

Login to Me Too

gsfox
Contributor
Contributor

I also got a tracking number, but UPS said it had nothing to do with me. Also, the weight said 20lbs. It was a watch... I contacted the email paypal gave me tonight, but I'm not hopeful

Login to Me Too

Angela32073
Contributor
Contributor
Update on my message above. I ordered a switch Dock and tried to stop payment through my bank and paypal when I realized it was a scam. Neither would cancel payment so I am out of the money. A couple of weeks ago I received a package in the mail from China. It was a tiny box so I knew it wasn't the dock. It ended up being some cheap plastic piece to hold your cell phone in. After doing some research they do this so they can say they have sent the item and give a tracking number. It's awful that no one will help us. I took pics of it, but this forum won't allow for pic attachments.
Login to Me Too

MiMi1000
Contributor
Contributor

It is so sad . Pay Pay said they cant get involved in a dispute my credit card opened about it. Im like WTF that dont make sense. Pay Pal has to be getting paid from the sellers who scam people using Pay Pal.  I spoke to my credit card and they said  Pay Pal is a the top with complaints of disputes.  Stupid there is this Pay pal community and you know they read all this and still do nothing to help the customers. Yea I cant post the email address for this seller they wont allow it.

Login to Me Too

JJohnson98038
New Community Member
same issue for me on 7/15. PAYPAL WILL NOT HELP. i have been trying to get someone for 12 days now. “Best Online Store” is the paypal company.... i have the screenshots of the originally names “store” and now the new one. i have been unable to upload these as i have no option too. i figure i am out the $250. PAYPAL is a Scam too. they won’t help. i am headed to BBB and FTc
Login to Me Too

MiMi1000
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me 7/11/2020. purchased at Nintendo Switch Lite through now I know  a fake Nintendo web site  and never received the product at all.  Did a dispute with my credit card and was told to contact the seller because the seller says they mailed me the product to my address  but still today I did nit receive anything. The web sight has a phone number to call but it doesn't take calls no matter what time of day you cal[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] The email didn't work. My credit card gave me a phone number of the selle[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]again the number isn't taking calls not matter what time you call.  Sent an email to the email that my credit card had . I was also told Pay Pal is probably working with HANYUANDIEJ is why they stop this seller from taking peoples money sand scamming them. I too came alarmed when I did not receive an email confirmation of the purchase, the sellers name on Pay Pal was in Chinese,Korean not sure . I copied the name into chines and Korean translator and google the name and found Carl2020xyz/contact-us/  was a scam. 

I do not understand why Pay Pal allows this scammer to continue doing business this is horrible. There has to be something we can do .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.