Carl2020 xyz website scam.

MattPoco
Contributor
Contributor

I was attempting to purchase a Nintendo Switch as a gift for a family member and made the mistake of basing my purchase off of google's shopping page. It brought me to what looked like a legitimate Nintendo website and I bought the switch for $299.00 then was sent a text message from paypal with the seller's name, realized it was Chinese and immediately tried to file for a refund in which Paypal said they would contact the seller.

The website is pretending to be an official Nintendo website, however the payment claims to be to "HANYUANDIEJ" and a company called "Hanyuan Diejin Department Store" which instantly parsed my payment so I couldn't cancel it.

After a brief google search I can see that this person already has 4 other websites lined up to continue running this scam.

So that leads me to my two questions.

Looking at other people's complaints in this area how likely am I to actually receive a refund for this?
Is there any way I can report the person running this scam given they're running their scam through Paypal?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Angela32073
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same exact issue today. I immediately contacted PayPal to stop payment or request a refund and they denied it.

It is a scam and it is completely wrong for PayPal to deny a refund or stop payment immediately.

I will be contacting my bank.

Login to Me Too

misscj100
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same issue on 11th July, Realised as soon as Paypal sent confirmation that is was a Chinese vendor, went online and discovered it was a scam, contacted PayPAL immediately, as the transaction was still showing pending. To date no resolution and as I paid with PayPal Credit, I cannot ask my back to stop the payment! What I'm reading on here does not give me much hope for a positive outcome!

Login to Me Too

cmroy
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me, so frustrating bu glad to hear I am not the only one. I don't understand why Paypal won't issue a refund, and have filed a complain with IC3. The seller said he would provide a refund if i returned the item I did recieve (a small box with a plastic phone controller in it). Sending it back to china is upwards of 100$. 

Login to Me Too

MiMi1000
Contributor
Contributor

I called my credit card right away when I didnt receive an email for proof of purchase and when it would be delivered. They could  not stop payment until the payment was complete they sent me a new card.. So I called back once payment was complete. Then 2 weeks later it was charged back on my credit card because the seller said they shipped the switch lite to my address. Credit card took 3 weeks to look into the matter then got a message saying I had to reach out to the seller because basically I dont have enough proof I didnt receive it since the seller said they ship it to me. Im so mad. Pay Pal wont get involved because my credit card opened the dispute so Pay Pal security I have to call my credit card..Credit card said they have to be very careful what they do. I dont get . Maybe have to go higher  maybe to the news put Pay Pal on blast for not helping customers out and allowing sellers to scam people using Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too

MiMi1000
Contributor
Contributor

It doesnt seem like any hope at all. Its so unbelievable how Pay Pal allows this scammer to continue doing business with them. Pay Pal must get a cut of the stolen money. They wont get involved and my credit card took the charge off then 3 weeks later the seller answered my credit card  back with "the product was mailed to her address, we have her address" and the $169.99 charge was placed back on my credit card sending t in to being over the credit limit. Pay Pal says they cant get involved because my credit card opened the dispute. My credit card says I have to talk to the seller . I keep repeating myself I been trying the phone numbers, emails dont work that was on the website. Same with the phone number and email my credit card gave me for the seller. I just want my money back on the Nintendo Switch Lite console I purchased. Im reading some of comments and this same seller sends people like a damn cell phone case instead of the Switch Lite console and to send that back will cost $100 because i think its from Korea or china..Pay Pal is so crappy for this.

Login to Me Too

processingloanh
New Community Member

Exact same issue.  Filed a fradulent activity with paypal and then denied the refund.  I called my bank first thing Monday morning and had them put a stop payment on the transaction.  It cost $30 for the stop payment, but that is better then $299.99

Sent PayPal the email showing the web address is a spoof.

Login to Me Too

RatGame
New Community Member
Free money
Login to Me Too

jojo232323
Contributor
Contributor

SAME! so frustrating. i already opened a fraudulent case with Pay Pal, as well as claim w my bank. I am not letting this go. So not cool. Trying to get my kid a gift and i have to deal with this **bleep**. UG! good luck

Login to Me Too

Ollie0329
New Community Member
Me as well. Have been working with PayPal but don’t have much hope of getting $ returned. PayPal should at least lock this person’s account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.