Carl Zeiss Optics possible knockoff received from Ebay seller

buttplate
New Community Member

I bid on an auction on Ebay which I won. The item I won was a Carl Zeiss scope. The seller was in China.

When I finally received the scope via UPS it was broken in half. I plan to visit the local UPS store this evening.

Upon close inspection it was apparent that what I had received was not the quality optic sold by Zeiss. I own several other Zeiss Conquest scopes so I am very familiar what the quality should be. Along with the item not being up to quality standards the box which should have a white area on it instead is yellowed or off white. The lettering on the box, while it says the same thing on my other Zeiss boxes, is somewhat distorted. The packaging inside the box is not the same and the paperwork inside is not from Zeiss. In the seller's auction the item is listed as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag."

The seller offers returns but states that the buyer pays return shipping. This is robbery!!! Do I really need to pay to return a knockoff? I am reporting the seller to Ebay in hopes they will ban the seller.

My question to the PP Community is what do I need to do next?

All help is appreciated!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.