Car Scam?

negroid1
New Community Member

I recently listed a car and I got a message from someone claiming they were interested, they wanted me to make an account with "worldremmit" and send money to a representative who will pick the car up, once that's done the money that had been apparently sent would be unlocked by pay pal scam or what?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@negroid1 

Scam. Sender has no control over the PayPal payment like that. They can't send payment via PayPal and release it on their call or after you jump through some preposterous crackpot hoop of theirs, which pretty much means no payment was sent. They's just trying to trick you to pay them. Ain't that a blip?

Once a payment is sent, its sent and receive a record of payment fairly instantly in your PayPal account. If sender wants a refund, they have contact you to request a refund or dispute you for a refund. PayPal is the one that puts payments on hold and you would still see a record of payment, marked Payment Received - On Hold with a pending balance if a payment is subject to a PayPal hold. You would need a record of transaction to get your money sooner:

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

Keep in mind that doing the above is optional. PayPal releases funds after 21 days provided that no problems are reported by sender to PayPal. And vehicles are not covered by seller or purchase protection.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.