Cape Diablo bracelet ripoff

Sbcats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I think I've just been ripped off. I ordered a bracelet online on June 14th (don't remember where I found it, possibly Etsy). I couldn't get any helpful tracking advice off sf-express.com, the shipper I read more.clpsely that it is a Chinese shipper. I wrote to Cape Diablo and a friendly response came a day later saying it had been shipped, and I would receive it in 12-25 days. Finally, I googled the company only to find several Better Business complaints about the quality of the item (plastic, not leather, smells bad etc.) Have not received it yet, but have a sinking feeling. Is there a good way to warn the public about this seller? Feeling diappointed and angry right now. Thanks for listening, Sbcats

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

_Dorian_
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed! I’ve got a huge thread of emails from me to them. It would always take a one to three days to get a reply from them and it was always crap. I cannot believe they are STILL GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!!!
Login to Me Too

cdsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

We would like to apologize for the late response time you experienced from our Support Team. We had difficulties in the past finding Manpower to make sure all customers inquiries are answered on a fashion way when receiving a high volume of messages, to mitigate that inconveniences, we have hired more representatives throughout the months.

As an online business, we understand that responding promptly and solving any issues as soon as we can ensures your satisfaction as a customer of us. We seek for your understanding with this matter.

Thank you, 

Cape Diablo Support

Ivonne

Login to Me Too

lynneterry
Contributor
Contributor
I waited so long that I thought it wasn’t coming with the bracelet that I received with snow and months and months of every single day hot yoga at 105°, where it gets thoroughly wet.
Login to Me Too

Ladiep
Contributor
Contributor
This company is a scam They ripped me off too.
Login to Me Too

tamaracazara71
Contributor
Contributor
Going through this exact same thing right now. I've been waiting since may 27 and I started a dispute with paypal. Hope its resolved soon. They keep messaging me saying its due to covid. What a joke.
Login to Me Too

Kharte
Contributor
Contributor
Be happy you didn’t get one from them. After 6 weeks I got something that doesn’t even resemble the high quality picture I ordered from. I got a Flea Market piece sealing a a cheap plastic bag. It was then put in a cheap jewelry bag. And best part, shipped like that in a Manila envelope. The return address is not a business!! SHAME SHAME on PayPal for lagging on all of the complaints. Keep the pressure in for our money back. Company is a Scam. Not a Made In The USA Company.
Login to Me Too

jaaess
Contributor
Contributor

What a bunco business both Cape Diablo and PayPal.

I wrote to PayPal asking if they are retarded or cannot read and understand. I all of put my findings on the email to the (non)Resolution center weeks before. They wrote back after a long time some "status"  of even less than I sent to them..."updated status" going to post office in Fremont on June 23rd. Lies and more lies. 

I am asking for my money back. I don't want any bracelet with this bad energy and memories on it. I wrote to PayPay and got the less than helpful and the ones who apparently do not understand. They seem to know that if they stall around the problem will sometimes go away and if not they cannot do anything as it has been too long and the business is out of business...oh yeah. 

Login to Me Too

jaaess
Contributor
Contributor

Plus I don't want to have to try to return a bracelet to a no-response company or an out of business company. We have been crooked for sure.

Login to Me Too

Mlwieber
Contributor
Contributor
This is so frustrating when you trust & wait for the item to arrive but when it finally does it’s passed the window that Cape Diablo allows for refunds so they want to mail you another piece of worthless junk that is threadbare, cheap product with horrid “craftsmanship”...it looks like a kids craft project! PayPal do the right thing and do NOT align with this garbage company, or we will have to agree that you are also a garbage company for allowing such blatant scamming. Check the better business bureau site PayPal!!!
Login to Me Too

Mlwieber
Contributor
Contributor
Ugh. So sorry you’re going through this! I’m in the same boat. So wrong for us trustworthy people who believed their words & photoshopped images.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.