Cape Diablo bracelet ripoff

Sbcats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I think I've just been ripped off. I ordered a bracelet online on June 14th (don't remember where I found it, possibly Etsy). I couldn't get any helpful tracking advice off sf-express.com, the shipper I read more.clpsely that it is a Chinese shipper. I wrote to Cape Diablo and a friendly response came a day later saying it had been shipped, and I would receive it in 12-25 days. Finally, I googled the company only to find several Better Business complaints about the quality of the item (plastic, not leather, smells bad etc.) Have not received it yet, but have a sinking feeling. Is there a good way to warn the public about this seller? Feeling diappointed and angry right now. Thanks for listening, Sbcats

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

Bea161
Contributor
Contributor
The only good thing about this fraudulent company are the beautifully enhanced photos on their website . I put mine in the bin so didn’t have to be reminded of how I got ripped off 70 bucks - sucks
Login to Me Too

Mlwieber
Contributor
Contributor
I 100% AGREE!! Massive scam & JUNK product. Calling it jewelry is an offense. DO NOT do business with cape Diablo!! SCAM! fRAUD company!!!
Login to Me Too

Mlwieber
Contributor
Contributor
Better increase your dispute to a claim because cape Diablo produces no jewelry of quality.
Login to Me Too

Binnyh3
New Community Member
2/26/2021 Ordered today Billed 2x Cape Diablo & PayPal I wonder w/all these complaints why the company is still in business.
Login to Me Too

DebDam
Contributor
Contributor

Me too! Total RIP off and now the same bracelets are STILL being advertised under at least a half dozen other names....PAYPAL, Facebook Instagram etc. should DO something!!!

Login to Me Too

Bea161
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks wish I would of read this before spending - $60 on plastic rubbish . Tried for a refund - no chance . They make these bracelets look so good but you could get better at the $2 dollar shop - DO NOT BUY !
Login to Me Too

Annon34
Absolutely the worst company to deal with. First of all the measurements for the sizes of bracelets are absolutely INCORRECT on their website. I ordered 4 items for my bday in mid July. None of the items fit whatsoever. Ive been going back and forth with their customer service for months now with nothing but harassment and difficulties. They make absolutely everything difficult and blame the customer for everything!! They refuse to do anything more than 25% refund or replacement when its their own WRONG measurements listings that caused the issue but i have to pay all the shipping. The fourth item only even arrived a week ago. After 2 months of the back and forth, customer service constantly blaming customers and the absolute nonsense steps to return or exchange anything DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS BUSINESS!!
Login to Me Too

okayyyy999
Contributor
Contributor
Come on. They are not so bad as people described in this post. I just received two bracelets from them. Absolutely fine for me. Not 100% perfect, because they are handmade. You can buy those casual jewellery at a cheaper price in an Asian country, or at an even higher price from your local Sunday market. It is all about where you live and your personal preference. I think what I got is absolutely beautiful and unique.
Login to Me Too

cdsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

We are sorry for the late response. We greatly appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you are pleased with your purchase. Our talented and passionate design team designs all our products in the US. They are indeed, handmade in small communities and villages in Vietnam, Thailand, and China.  If you want to know more about us and where our products are made, you may refer to this article: https://www.capediablo.com/pages/craftsmanship.

Thank you, 

Cape Diablo Support

Ivonne

Login to Me Too

MaddieD
Contributor
Contributor
Same to me I have disputed it with pay pal a total rip off says coming from CALIFORNIA it’s not coming from China 4 weeks no bracelets
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.