Cant refund buyer and account on hold

John956
Contributor
Contributor

Could someone help me?

I sold an ipad back in August.  A few days later, the buyer asked for a refund, so I authorized the refund.  I didn't have enough funds in the account so I sold a couple of more items.  After I got the ipad back and checked it, I tried to issue the refund through EBay, but I got an error message.  Even worse, PayPal put a hold not only on the payment for the  ipad, but on the payment  two other items as well.  PayPal said   they would release the funds as soon as they got the shipping information, but I supplied the information two days ago, but as of now, they still have not received the funds.  EBay says I have until today to refund the payment.  However,  I tried a few more times to refund the buyer through eBay, but got the same error message.  I don't know how much longer the buyer is willing to wait, and I can't buy anything else through PayPal until this is resolved.  I've been a seller on eBay for over a decade, and I've never had anything like this happen before.  Any ideas? 

I 9405508205497221739143

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

John956
Contributor
Contributor

Update 

eBay refunded the money to the buyer, but the money on the other sales is still on hold, even though the items were both delivered.  It’s been two days since the last delivery and the money still is not available to me.  What now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.