Cant get a hold of anyone at PayPal *** Account hacked

Campeau530
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I was hit with SIM card fraud, the fraudsters steal your phone number and use it to reset your PayPal password, get into your account and transfer out your $. I was able to get my phone number back quick enough to stop it from going any farther than PayPal. But the fraudsters have authorization on my account to "The United States mint" and it says this with a *

"This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when The United States Mint completes your order."

The transaction has gone through on my visa. I was able to reset my password and get back into my PayPal account, they had it set up to make a payment to "the United States Mint" every day for $1820.85

If anyone knows what to do please let me know, Ive notified my Visa and they put a stop to the fraudulent charges, but they say I need to notify PayPal, I've emailed PayPal and they send me instructions on how to put in a dispute but when I follow the instructions it says:

"Unable to complete your request

We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our User Agreement for more details."

Lost for what to do here!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

LinkedinM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Campeau530 

It’s extremely important to report any suspected instances of fraud. If you think your account has been compromised change your password and update your security questions right away to protect your account. You say you changes your password but do both just in case. If you use the same password in multiple locations you should change it there also.

If you notice a transaction that you didn’t authorize on your PayPal, bank or credit card statement, let PayPal know right away through the Resolution Center. 

1. Go to the Resolution Center at the bottom of the page.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Select the transaction you want to dispute, and click Continue.
  4. Select “I want to report unauthorized activity.”
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Follow the instructions to finish opening your dispute.

I hope this info is of benefit to you.

****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!****

Login to Me Too

Campeau530
Contributor
Contributor
I've done the following Go to the Resolution Center at the bottom of the page. Click Report a Problem. Select the transaction you want to dispute, and click Continue. Select “I want to report unauthorized activity.” Click Continue. Follow the instructions to finish opening your dispute. IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!! THIS IS WHY IM REACHING OUT ON HERE!!! IVE EMAILED PAYPAL AND YOU KEEP TELLING ME THE SAME THING.. IS A PHONE CALL POSSIBLE??
Login to Me Too

LinkedinM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Campeau530 

Sorry your still having issues. This is a rare occasion where I would suggest you contact customer care as this is not a customer care support forum.

As phone lines are currently reduced due to Covid-19 you may want to send an email or go to the message center and chat with a live agent. Or, you may consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter? You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages. It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

I'm sure customer care will help you in this.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.