Cannot withdraw money (been going on for months)

LukeJ321
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have had my paypal account since 2017, it has since never been used. I have some money in there which I had forgot about and when I attempt to add a bank account I get the following message, Sorry, we can't add your bank account right now. I also believe the account is limited, I am not worried about that as I just want to withdraw the money as I have no intention of using PayPal ever again anyway. I have no issue with them closing the account as long as the money is withdrawn to my account. This is unacceptable as the money has been locked in this account for MONTHS and MONTHS. You cannot even contact paypal by phone due to COVID so I am clearly not getting anywhere and it needs to be resolved. Are there any suggestions anyone can give me apart from waiting for their lines to be back up so I can call them? I also can't quite understand how this can be legally acceptable for them to hold the money for this long and for there to be no way of me being able to contact a human about it, furthermore, this could be resolved in a matter of minutes if this was seen to. Thank you very much in advance.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

deadfire18
New Community Member

i have the same issue i need to be able to connect my bank account to my paypal for withdrawals even dutch bank accounts don't seem to work would be nice if they actually did something about this instead of slacking around making people feel uncomfortable it's been months it should have been fixed by now

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LukeJ321 

As you have not added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said on your post what country you are in then sadly we can't advise.

Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LukeJ321
Contributor
Contributor

I am from the UK and as far as I know all contact numbers are offline. Can you please advise how I can get this resolved? It's been going on for too long now. Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LukeJ321 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LukeJ321
Contributor
Contributor

Can you give me a working Paypal contact number? None of the ones on their website work and they have robots on the line which there is no point even talking to.

Live chat never appears so I assume its disabled or perhaps open for a short while. Any idea when they would be online?

Their social media is also controlled by robots as far as I know, so i have no interest in trying unless I can speak to a human.

Thank you again for your help on this.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LukeJ321 

@deadfire18 

As you have not added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in then sadly can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LukeJ321
Contributor
Contributor

Hi again,

I said in my last reply to you I am from the United Kingdom I also replied to your points regarding phone lines, live chat and contacting them through social media (to put it bluntly, it's not possible)

Could you please advise on how I can proceed and whether there is a phone number I can call which is not publicly posted?

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.