Cannot view reply from seller in dispute

Dmoll14
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal community,

I currently have an open dispute with a seller over an item that hasn't been shipped and a lack of communication from them, and currently when I go to the resolution centre from my PayPal dashboard this dispute is listed under "messages from sellers (1)". And yet, if I try to view this message that has apparently sent by the seller, I can only see my own message that I sent to open the dispute. I have seen this issue before on the help forums when I looked it up and the solution has seemed to be to contact support about it.

Well, I've contacted PayPal support twice now, and both times I have received the exact same copy-pasted reply telling me that the dispute is currently between me and the seller, not PayPal, and telling me how to send a message to the seller - this is after I made it very clear in my second message that I do understand how disputes work, that I would like to solve the issue directly with the seller if I can, but that right now I cannot view a message that, according to the resolution centre, is waiting for me to view.

So my question is, has anybody had this issue before and know how to fix it? I have tried using different browsers, both mobile and web, and this hasn't helped.

attached: screenshot of what I currently see in the resolution centre and in the dispute itself

image.pngimage.png

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Fabrick
New Community Member

Having the same problem right now. Did you anyone get this solved?

Login to Me Too

Dmoll14
Contributor
Contributor
No way for me to know if this also applies to your case Fabrick, but for me it turned out the 'seller' (i.e. scammer) hadn't actually sent any message in reply, then never replied to PayPal either when it escalated from a dispute to a case so I got a full refund. Never got another reply from PayPal support about it though so no way to know the cause or if it would be the same for you or not.
Login to Me Too

Fabrick
New Community Member

OK, Thanks for the quick reply!

Login to Me Too

bdbond007
New Community Member

This looks like a longstanding issue.  Has anyone been able to contact Paypal support to find out what the solution is?

Login to Me Too

Alebassociates
Contributor
Contributor

Still a problem! Paypal seem unable to help.

Login to Me Too

Smaragd
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.