Cannot upload proof of identification

eviejean2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried contacting Paypal using various methods about this issue I'm having, but to no avail, so now I am trying here. 

I have a Depop account and my money made from sales goes into my Paypal account. As a student this is my main source of income. A few weeks ago, I reached a certain limit and received an e-mail from Paypal asking me to upload Proof of Identity and Address. I was a bit skeptical, but quickly uploaded what they asked for. Until these uploads are approved, my account has 'limitations' however, the only limitation outlined is I can't close my account - which I have no desire to do anyway, but still, I would like this issue solved because every time I log in I am notified about it. Anyway, a day or two later, I received another e-mail, looks like my Proof of Address went through fine but my Proof of Identity wasn't sufficient (I am not sure why, as it was a government issued ID card and had all the relevant info visible) so I went to upload my passport instead (not very comfortable doing so, but I don't drive so I have no other form of ID I could use) but I can't because when I go into 'restore account' and click 'resolve' there is a green tick beside Proof of Identity because I have already uploaded something for that. I would really like some insight and advice into solving it, it has been so frustrating not being able to fix something that should be so simple and straightforward, as well as not getting any help from Paypal. I'm sure they are busy, but I'm just super frustrated right now about this issue. Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@eviejean2

Hi Eviejean,

I'm going to post a PayPal document upload link. You may longer be in queue, so when you're finished uploading you may want to contact PayPal to let them know you have submitted their request.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_file-upload-or-fax-outside-resolution-centre&file_upload_...

Login to Me Too

AlvaroVol
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.

PayPal has limited my account and for literal months I haven't received any contact from them. They don't respond me on email, by phone, Facebook or Twitter. All I get are automatic responses that do nothing for me.

So I receved this e-mail saying I had to upload a proof of address and... There is no way to do it. Gosh I have the damn thing here, I just need to upload a picture! But the resolution center shows a green "check" on the proof of address and, again, no responses in any communication channel. How hard is it to speak to a human being in PayPal?

Login to Me Too

prock76
New Community Member

Thank you for this link Oregon11 !!! 

I've been looking everywhere since my mobile number has changed and is pre-paid it doesn't reflect my name therefore I can't verify my identity. I've uploaded a bunch of documents per the link. There doesn't seem to be a way to track these uploads (?). I haven't received any sort of confirmation from PayPal. The good news is the uploads appeared to be successful, but after uploading it simply reloaded my account profile page. 

I plan to follow-up over the phone, but do you know of any way to confirm they received the uploads. 

Thanks again! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.