Cannot resolve limitations on account.

Tortunga
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I haven't used my PayPal account in a while and my account got limited. To resolve this its asking for two things: changing my password, and confirm a card. The problem is I don't have a creditcard linked to PayPal, so there's nothing to confirm. Can I assume that changing the password is enough to get my account opened up after their review, or do I need to contact customer support and tell them I don't have a card linked to PayPal to confirm? Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Tortunga,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the limitation. The confirm a card requirement may be requiring a card to be added so confirmation can proceed. This allows for a card-confirmed address to be on file, which may be needed for a few reasons. If the requirement is not specifying an individual card, you'd need to add a card and then confirm it.

If you encounter any obstacles to this process, please reach out to customer service for assistance. You can see your contact options by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Tortunga
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion.

I contacted support and they said just to write in a document why i couldnt provide the requirement document, and upload that instead of the asked document.

This worked out fine and the limitation was removed in a day. The account was limited because of inactivity, not because of weird transactions. Might been a factor why a card wasn't required.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Tortunga,

Thank you for the follow-up! I'm glad to hear of the resolution!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.