Cannot open a dispute on GoDaddy renewal payment

alex-75
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I received from PayPal the email for a payment to GoDaddy of -£28.78 GBP.

It was for the renewal of 2 domains (original price 10£+VAT).

I have many reasons to request a refund:

1. I never used in 2 years that services, NEVER. The renewal happened also last year without my authorization.

2. I don't use GoDaddy at all (I use other servies) and it is always difficult to login because they require to use a username instead of the simple email. 

3. I found an email 5 days before (just 5 days!) the payment but reply to that email <removed> is not possible (!) It is a no-reply email and it is not ewxp[lained that they can take the money from my PayPal account.

4. I wrote to the seller email (visible in the PayPal payment details), <removed>, but again they do not accept email: Sorry, we're no longer at this address.

This reply came from <removed> (obviously)

5. I googled and found the instruction to remove PayPal as payment method in my godaddy account. Logged in, it was not possible to execute the operation because the payment method was attached to one or more products with auto-renewal. I spent some time and finally I removed the auto-renewal and PayPal as payment method (at least I hope I'll be safe next year). I DIDN'Y KNOW about the auto-renewal and of the REGISTERED PayPal payment method. It's is absolutely NOT CLEAR for an occasional user.

6. I opened a dispute and I tried to select "unauthorized payment", because I NEVER authorized that payment. PayPal closed the dispute after 1 day in favor of GoDaddy.

7. I decided to try to reopen the dispute and select "billing problem/error" (I still think is an unauthorized payment). It is not possible, I continue to receive different errors:

- Cannot open a dispute on that transaction

- You can’t file a case on this type of transaction

I want to be refunded of a payment I didn't authorized. I tried to contact the seller and is not possible by email.
It is a big company and they provide 2 no-reply emails, ridiculous.
I don't want to spent time on the phone calling a US number and try to talk with some help desk. Email if the right form of communication, how can provide data, id, transactions by phone? How can I record my actions by phone?

How can I open a dispute or require a refund on that transaction/payment ?

Thanks,

Alessandro <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alex-75 

If it was in here...............

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

then you authorised it and paypal did as you authorised.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alex-75 

If it was in here...............

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

then you authorised it and paypal did as you authorised.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alex-75
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

I found the "My pre-approved payments" page.

There is a one record (GoDaddy) and it dated 7 May 2017 !
I never know about it! Why PayPal (I wrote many emails and I opened a dispute) didn't explained it so clear as you did ? 
The status says "Inactive" and tere is no option to delete or disable it but clickin on it in the details it says "cancelled on 7 May 2019".

I hope it is disabled forever.

I hate GoDaddy, I receive so much spam from them that I miss that email of the payment and the impossibility to write to them make me sick.
I think they use this misinformations to make money with people like me that are lazy or simply to busy to go trough everything.

Thank you again, 

Alessandro

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alex-75 

Your welcome, always best to post here first, some customer services agents just say anything to get you off the phone sadly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.