Cannot file a dispute for item not as described...PLEASE HELP!!

MichaelLouisD
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I purchased 2 of the same items from a facebook ad.  They were supposed to be "Flying" but more like hovering, Back to the Future Delorean Time Machines.  I made the purchase on March 24th.  After attempting to contact the company numerous times, and not receiving anything back, I filed a claim with paypal stating item not received about a month later.  The day the dispute was to end, the company sent tracking info.  I was annoyed they waited so long, but, happy my products were on their way.  When I received them, they were common die cast model Delorean cars and not the hovering ones shown in the video, or mentioned in the product description.  The boxes were smashed up because they were shipped carelessly, and they were CLEARLY not what I ordered.  I have racked my brains out trying to figure out how to open a separate dispute for item not as described, but it just keeps sending me in circles and says I already opened a dispute and references the first dispute that the seller won, because they eventually shipped my item.  My question now is, how do I file a 2nd dispute, this time for item not a described?  I cannot get to a live person, and am at a loss.  Thank you for any help you can give.

Michael

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jacqui10
New Community Member
This has happened to me too ,I ordered a golf game and after a month of hearing nothing I contacted paypal to log a dispute and last week I received word that case is closed as seller provided tracking information but the seller only sent 1 golf ball now I cant contact paypal because case is closed and when I try to contact them I just go round in circles I have the packing with tracking number to prove it was far to small to contain a golf game but I can not contact paypal
Login to Me Too

ShutterGunner
Contributor
Contributor

It seems unfortunately, the risk in buying online and using paypal. The fraudulent sellers know all these tricks and you're simply out of luck.  

Login to Me Too

tweedtybird
Contributor
Contributor

Really?  We are just out of luck?  How is that possible?  Paypal will not open a second dispute for the same item after it arrives and is a bootleg item?  How very frustrating!!

What about disputing charges with bank?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.