Cannot delete account

camillacornelia
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Last year paypal requested me to upload ID and proof of address e.g. to the account to verify who I was.

I uploaded all the stuff, and they suspended my account because I created it back when I wasn't turned 18. 

Now I want to delete my account, but I can't do it.

When I try the "Close account" under settings I get the message: "Sorry, there's a problem. If you keep seeing this, please contact customer service."

When I try to remove a credit card I get the message "There's problem with your account. Please go to the resolution center so we can help you resolve this quickly."

I'm honestly not interested in going through the process of uploading lots of pictures of my ID etc. again, and I just want to close it. I need to close it and then get some kind of proof of it is closed.

Also, since I've both moved and gotten married(and changed my name) since they actually suspended the account the first time arround, I'm honestly not able to upload the details they want.

Is there any other way to delete my account? Or is there a way to actually contact paypal? Pretty sure I've been looking everywhere for an email.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@camillacornelia 

You would never be able to close an illegally opened underage account, paypal limits it permanently so you can't use any information on it to try and open another paypal account with that info.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.