Cannot close paypal account while being restricted

razorsh4rk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I recently had to upload some ID to paypal, and they sent me an email, that I registered before I was 18. I don't even remember when was that and frankly don't see the issue NOW (I'm well over 18 haha), but okay, fair enough. They told me to remove my info (phone, card) from my account and create a new one if I want to use paypal with the same numbers, which I of course do.

Now the issue is, when I go to close my account, I get the infamous "There has been a problem" message. I can't even remove my phone or card because it just says I have a restriction on my account. Is there any way to close my account or is everything just the hostage of paypal now? Keep in mind, I'm a European customer and all of this heavily violates the GDPR too.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@razorsh4rk 

You would never be able to close or use again an illegally opened underage account so not sure citing GDPR is appropriate.

But if they allow it you may be able to remove any cards or bank accounts although to be honest I have never known them actually allow that.

They do allow you to open a new account sometimes but not remove anything off the old illegal account.

Best contact them again and see if they can remove it for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.