Cancelled subscription, charge continues and Paypal dispute consistently favours the seller.

PRLDC
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled a service that I was using (Web Hosting) in September. I did not notice until December that they had continued to charge me despite the service being cancelled and not available. I have screenshots of the confirmation of cancellation from within the dashboard on their site and also of the fact there are no invoices after September from them. I also have a video of me showing this information and refreshing the dashboard to prove there is no HTML trickery in my images however I cannot upload that in the resolution centre.

The problem is that no matter what I upload or say, Paypal simply tell me that the seller has said that the payments are fine so they were. The reasons the seller gives changes each time and Paypal do not seem to ever actually manually review the dispute as you can clearly see that the seller is lying.

What can I do to force a human review of the situation, it's not so much the money I am after (not very much) but the principle that they can rip us off and get away with it so easily....

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PRLDC 

Check if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PRLDC
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response cornishlass!

I cancelled the subscription with  the hosting company. They cancelled my service and did not invoice me for any of the next three months however they did not cancel the reoccurring payment on PayPal. They are consistently disputing my claim and I have to appeal each time with screenshots of the proof. It seems you can appeal three times then the problem is "resolved" no matter the outcome. I assume the process is automated with no intervention from PayPal and simply the merchant says that I am lying and that is good enough for the system.

It seems massively flawed, I will get in contact with trading standards and see what they suggest...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.