Canceling a payment

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I submitted a dispute to a charge for a company that promised to ship my product in 5-8 days. I discovered they were in China. There's no way they would be able to ship that product in 5-8 days. It took them over a week to "package" the product. So, I went on their website to cancel the order. The only response I got from them is the status being changed to "resolved." I jumped through the hoops to open a dispute via PayPal and the response I get over two weeks later is that the packing and shipping information is shown exactly as the company entered. I am done with PayPal. I paid the balance of my account and I am closing my credit account and PayPal payment service. This is the definition of poor customer service.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

They promised to 'ship' it in 5-8 days, that doesn't mean it will arrive in that time factor.

In fact they 'shipped it' in just over a week which is exactly what they said they would do.

Paypal provides you with 'some' seller and 'some' buyer protection but its up to you to risk assess who you buy from.

Cheap tat / 'bargains' from China sold via Facebook or dodgy website with no real contact information apart from email is one to avoid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

The dodgy foreign merchant is the reason I canceled the order. PayPal should be concerned when their merchants don't have a website that works to cancel an order. It's a moot point now since I canceled my credit and payment service with PayPal. As a customer, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to cancel an order. I will stick with Amazon to purchase products. They make sure their customers don't have to jump through hoops to stop an order. Also, what century is PayPal in with having to slow-mail or fax a dispute? This is laughable.

Good luck PayPal community

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Also, I canceled the order because it was still in the packaging stage after 5 business days. I knew it would not ship in 8 business days and also know that it would take a couple of months to get here. The point is I canceled it and the company did not respond to my requests for acknowledgment. Their website looked bogus and was bogus. So, PayPal works with bogus merchants and does nothing to help customers who have personal banking information and a credit account with them. I ended my relationship with PayPal and will probably just have to suck up the loss from the order. It's worth it to not have to deal with a company that sucks at customer service.

Goodnight and good luck.

@kernowlass wrote:

@Anonymous_User

They promised to 'ship' it in 5-8 days, that doesn't mean it will arrive in that time factor.

In fact they 'shipped it' in just over a week which is exactly what they said they would do.

Paypal provides you with 'some' seller and 'some' buyer protection but its up to you to risk assess who you buy from.

Cheap tat / 'bargains' from China sold via Facebook or dodgy website with no real contact information apart from email is one to avoid.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

. Their website looked bogus and was bogus.

Yep thats just the sort of site I can't wait to do business with, if I saw that site I would definately want to buy from them and then expect paypal to be my nanny and bail me out  Smiley Frustrated

I guess if you paid with a debit card and it went wrong then your bank would be at fault for 'doing' business with them??

Anyone but you hey?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

And you are exactly what I would think would be a part of the PayPal community who calls himself an advisor. Please move on. Hopefully, someone will find your snide comments slightly entertaining because they are definitely not helpful. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

I have given you the FACTS, the only reason that you feel its unhelpful is because you do not want to hear the truth  Smiley Wink

And my opinions were never snide, some sarcasm maybe but then if you get someone as totally unable to be responsible for their own actions then you have to expect it.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.