Canceling a Payment

Sameer_
Contributor
Contributor

I brought a product in ebay. The money didn't went through and was pending in paypal. But the money was already deducted from bank. Then I contacted seller. He said ebay canceled the order. Then tried to create case in ebay but got a message that there was payment dispute for that order and asked me to contact paypal. I created a case in resolution center describing the problem with that transaction. But after few days the the transaction went through. I contacted the seller he doesn't reply. And paypal also closed the case. I don't know what to do. I lost the money and the product is still not delivered. What should I do.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sameer_ 

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sameer_
Contributor
Contributor
It has eaby logo. And some Chinese name and there is date Jun 1 and payment is written.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sameer_ 

ok so did you wait for the payment to complete and then open a dispute for non receipt of item?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sameer_
Contributor
Contributor

No I opened the the dispute when it was pending. Now The case is closed stating that it was not a billing issue. But there is an option to give additional info till July 1. Now I want to change the type of dispute because he hasn't delivered the product even tracking info is not provided. I just recently went and saw his review on ebay to find out he has recently scammed 2 other people by sending phone cases instead of phones in the same listing that I bought from.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sameer_ 

If a paypal payment is pending then the seller has not received it yet so the only disputes you can open are for billing issues (if you paid the wrong amount or were charged the incorrect amount) OR for unauthorised (if you were hacked and the dispute made without your knowledge). As neither of those applied why did you open that dispute type?

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.