Cancel dispute

Caljack98
New Community Member

ive tried to cancel my dispute but everytime I choose to do so it just takes me back to the dispute page, I want to cancel it as I have resolved the situation.

Please can anyone help.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caljack98

You are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction and can open one for non receipt of item or item received but not as described.

As you can't open a second dispute you opened one for unauthorised use of your account? So you are telling paypal that your account has been hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.

As paypal will check IP numbers and see that you were not telling the truth they will close the dispute themselves as they would not find anything unauthorised, you can't close it yourself as paypal are now investigating your 'hacked account claim'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caljack98

Is it still at the dispute stage?

Is it at the claim stage?

Was it an unauthorised transaction dispute or other?

Also NEVER close a dispute whatever the seller says until you have a cleared refund / item that you are happy with.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Caljack98
New Community Member

I originally opened a dispute about the item a few months back because it wasn't the right item and he then ordered the item again, he has the item and has given me photo id of the item, I opened a new dispute on Saturday but did it as an unauthorised transaction because I couldn't open a new dispute, now it wont let me cancel the dispute at all.

Many thanks, Callum

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caljack98

You are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction and can open one for non receipt of item or item received but not as described.

As you can't open a second dispute you opened one for unauthorised use of your account? So you are telling paypal that your account has been hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.

As paypal will check IP numbers and see that you were not telling the truth they will close the dispute themselves as they would not find anything unauthorised, you can't close it yourself as paypal are now investigating your 'hacked account claim'.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.