Cancel authorization from vendor

legediminas
New Community Member

I have made a purchase yesterday on the website paying by Paypal. After the purchase I have tried to contacted the vendor by email, phone, but nobody is responding. Now I have a strange feeling that this is not legit vendor and want to cancel my order. However, going to Paypal, I cannot see any option to cancel my order and even going to resolution center I cannot open the case for this payment.

What is going on, and how to get any help from Paypal, as they are not responding to sent messages as well?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@legediminas 

You should see a record of payment under the Pending header in your PayPal account awaiting for merchant to complete payment. Once it completes, then you can dispute it through your PayPal account. Otherwise, authorization will be pending until it expires and drops off as if it didn't happen.

Also keep an eye on your funding source to make sure authorization is also pending and will drop off too if merchant does not claim payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.