Cancel Order-Get refund

LynneN
New Community Member

Made a purchase with Ellafancy from a add on Facebook I am now reading that this is a scam. Learned my lesson not to purchase product from any ads on Facebook need a refund ASAP.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LynneN 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amthekim
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed by Ellafancy but paypal decided in their favor because ellafancy sent proof of shipment on 2 items and canceled the rest of the order. I have not received any products or refund for the canceled part of the order. I'm out almost $90 and now have no recourse through PayPal. I keep emailing ellafancy but only get the same automated response. I'm so upset that PayPal let me down. I've used PayPal since their inception and never had problems... until now. Don't get ripped off by ellafancy and PayPal like I did. I guess I need to get my credit card company involved. I just don't want to jeopardize my PayPal account in doing so.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi amthekim, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

It sounds like the dispute was opened incorrectly. In the event of items not received on a multiple purchase order, the correct dispute type is "items not as described". If a dispute is opened for items not received, the seller will only need to provide valid tracking information confirming you received a delivery. 

If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you may be able to do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Resolution Centre’ near the top of the page.
3. Select 'Closed cases' in the drop-down menu and find the claim you wish to view.
4. Click ‘Appeal’ in the action column.
5. Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

amthekim
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

You're welcome! 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.