Can't withdraw funds.

Badr_Qattan
New Community Member

A couple of days ago I happen to use a VPN to make a payment for a game that was only available in another country, this resulted into paypal thinking I was hacked and that someone has unauthorized access of my account. I was told to provide Identification proving that I am Badr <removed>. Once I provides the documents they found out that I was 17 years old. And locked my account even more... My account was permanently limited due to the fact that I am under the age of 18. I received a message from PayPal explaining the reason of the limitation. And I completely understand. However, they stated that I am able to withdraw my paypal balance, but when I attempt to withdraw my balance to my mother's credit card, a message appears saying We can't transfer funds to your bank at the moment. This issue has been going on before they found out I was 17. So now I can't send / receive and not even transfer money to my legal guardian.. I have a decent amount of money in my balance. Help please!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Badr_Qattan 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18.
When you are 18 then paypal normally allow you to open a new account and then you contact them to request a transfer of your balance from the old account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.